Minneapolis/St. Paul Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Where is everybody?

It seems like we've lost the regulars around here.

HELLOOOOOOO out there?

Maybe a little poll will help draw people out...

1. What has been the best part of your summer so far?
  2. What has been the worst part of your summer so far?
  3. Do you have big Labor Day weekend plans? If so, what?
  4. Tell us about something nice your DH has done for you lately.
  5. What is making you smile today?
Married: October 11, 2008

Re: Where is everybody?

• I'll play!

1. What has been the best part of your summer so far? Visiting the WI Dells for our anniversary in July
    2. What has been the worst part of your summer so far? Nothing really, it's been pretty good overall
    3. Do you have big Labor Day weekend plans? If so, what? Yes, we are going up to Alexandria for the weekend, hoping for good weather!
    4. Tell us about something nice your DH has done for you lately. He made dinner last night
    5. What is making you smile today? The BBQ chicken that my co-worker brought in today...yum!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It has been sooo dead on here lately!!!  I'm still checking in here daily but there's just not much to reply on! 

1. What has been the best part of your summer so far?  All of the socializing and hanging out with our friends we have done.  This has been the best summer ever for us and we have been having so much fun :-) 
    2. What has been the worst part of your summer so far?  My summer classes.  They were a real pain...  
    3. Do you have big Labor Day weekend plans? If so, what?  We fly out to DC tomorrow night for 6 days to stay with DH's brother, wife, and new baby.  So excited to get quality fam time in and do lots of sightseeing!  
    4. Tell us about something nice your DH has done for you lately.  DH bought us a new (refurbished) DSLR camera.  We've really been enjoying it.  
    5. What is making you smile today?  Vacation this weekend! 
    [center] [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2qu7ipz.jpg[/IMG] [/center]

[center] Our 5 year anniversary trip to Peru. [/center]
    1. What has been the best part of your summer so far? Doing some remodeling in our house. I have been wanting to get this stuff done since we moved in there over 5 years ago!
    2. What has been the worst part of your summer so far? I have not been out on our boat once this summer
    3. Do you have big Labor Day weekend plans? If so, what? Nope, just getting the crib and dresser for the babies room
    4. Tell us about something nice your DH has done for you lately. Got flowers on Monday!
    5. What is making you smile today? Payday!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image loveablesarah:

1. What has been the best part of your summer so far? Visiting with family who came to town for my sister's wedding.
    2. What has been the worst part of your summer so far? Not getting to do anything fun/summer related.  Pregnancy limits activities.  I can't wait to go to the Fair on Sat.  It is my one summer fun and my plan is to eat!
    3. Do you have big Labor Day weekend plans? If so, what? I have a 4 day weekend, tomorrow at 4p can't come soon enough.  I have some cleaning to do, the Fair Sat and the fam is coming to my house for a BBQ on Monday.
    4. Tell us about something nice your DH has done for you lately. The laundry, I hate laundry.
    5. What is making you smile today? Ellie was in a really good mood this morning and playing and babbling.  Much happier than my monster child last night.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • image loveablesarah:

It seems like we've lost the regulars around here.

HELLOOOOOOO out there?

1. What has been the best part of your summer so far?
    2. What has been the worst part of your summer so far?
    3. Do you have big Labor Day weekend plans? If so, what?
    4. Tell us about something nice your DH has done for you lately.
    5. What is making you smile today?

I should probably answer my own poll. Smile

1. What has been the best part of your summer so far? Girls weekend at the camper with my bff & my mom. I look forward to that every year.
    2. What has been the worst part of your summer so far? We didn't get to go tubing on the river.
    3. Do you have big Labor Day weekend plans? If so, what? None really. Just relaxing as much as possible.
    4. Tell us about something nice your DH has done for you lately. Took me to Sonic when I was craving ice cream last weekend.
    5. What is making you smile today? Planning my daughter's baby shower. I decided to throw her one for just her friends. A couple of my girlfriends are throwing her one for my friends and family. Getting excited for my grandson to come into the world. Party!!!
    Married: October 11, 2008
  • I've been crazy busy with work/life. Still lurking on TN when I need a mental break, but not posting much. 

- What has been the best part of your summer so far? Trip to Denmark to visit friends/host family from my husband's high school study-abroad.

- What has been the worst part of your summer so far? Husband losing his job. Tied with me not finishing my PhD as planned. (Crummy summer.)

- Do you have big Labor Day weekend plans? If so, what? Work.

- Tell us about something nice your DH has done for you lately. I can't think of a specific thing... he hasn't NOT been nice, I'm just blanking on a specific example.

- What is making you smile today? Nothing yet - the clouds are making me feel glum.  But I'm looking forward to dinner at Brasa tonight.  The fried yucca will definitely make me smile!

1. What has been the best part of your summer so far?  watching Kael get an attitude!  lol  I was one of "those" Moms that said "I hope you have a kid that acts just like you do!"  hehehehe....he has one!  Kael is a handful!  lol
    2. What has been the worst part of your summer so far?  It's been a stressful summer!  lol
    3. Do you have big Labor Day weekend plans? If so, what? nothing much.  grilling out with friends at my place with a bonfire afterwards
    4. Tell us about something nice your DH has done for you lately.   move out!  lol
    5. What is making you smile today?  Sky is home sick and we are planning menus via text.  she is too damn funny and makes me laugh sometimes.  We were up to WEdnesday and she says we "should make that stuff"  what stuff?  "you know that hamburger stuff that you use the ice cream scoop and make balls with"  uuummm...you mean MEATBALLS?!  she needs more sleep...lol
  • I just realized today that I've been gone FOREVER. Decided I just needed to check in!

1. The summer has been amazing all around. Keeping the girls busy means we keep busy! Lots of adventures have been had!

2. The worst part was being laid off due to the government shutdown. Although, the time at home was treasured.

3. I have a couple online friends coming into town from outstate...we going to MOA on Friday and the fair on Saturday and I can't wait! We'll probably end up at a friends for a BBQ on Labor Day. YAY 3 day weekend!

4. I think I'll fail at this one...the DH has been on the naughty list for a while.

5. My girls are usually passed out when I drop them off in the morning, but Amelia was awake this morning, and was so lovey and happy. It just started my day off on the perfect foot!

Ashley & Christian
    1. What has been the best part of your summer so far? Traveling home to MI for a week, and performing my friends' wedding.
    2. What has been the worst part of your summer so far? Being unemployed, but I'm done with that now.
    3. Do you have big Labor Day weekend plans? If so, what? None.  Yeah!
    4. Tell us about something nice your DH has done for you lately. Planning a quiet and relaxing date for us.
    5. What is making you smile today? I came home after an exhausting day at work to find our neighbor mowing our grass.  We normally mow hers and ours'. 
    Anniversary
    1. What has been the best part of your summer so far? having a dear friend come for a visit
    2. What has been the worst part of your summer so far? having my miscarriage
    3. Do you have big Labor Day weekend plans? If so, what? a girls weekend in Denver
    4. Tell us about something nice your DH has done for you lately. just being patient with me as i am having a very busy school year
    5. What is making you smile today? seeing dd smile when she saw me
    babies
    1. What has been the best part of your summer so far? Lots of fun stuff with friends. 
    2. What has been the worst part of your summer so far?   I honestly can't think of anything bad.
    3. Do you have big Labor Day weekend plans? If so, what?   Spending Friday and Saturday off work and at home getting stuff done and then going up north for the rest of the long weekend.
    4. Tell us about something nice your DH has done for you lately.  Got up early with DS last Saturday and Sunday so I could sleep in.  I love to sleep!! 
    5. What is making you smile today?  I work tonight and then am looking forward to the long weekend!
    1. What has been the best part of your summer so far? Getting a job and going to WE Fest
    2. What has been the worst part of your summer so far? I had to have my appendix out in June.
    3. Do you have big Labor Day weekend plans? If so, what? No big plans. Going to my BFF's house on Sunday to grill out and give her new blender a work out Wink. I'll be doing stuff to finish getting ready for the first day of school too.
    4. Tell us about something nice your DH has done for you lately. He bought me tickets to WE Fest and flower for my birthday.
    5. What is making you smile today? joking around with my new coworkers and the thought of sleep.
  • It is strange that it went from fairly active to dead so quickly. Maybe everyone is enjoying the last days of summer and the cooler weather.
    1. What has been the best part of your summer so far?  Going to Chicago for a long weekend. I particularly enjoyed eating at a couple of the Rick Bayless restaurants.
    2. What has been the worst part of your summer so far? Not being able to go camping as often as we wanted.
    3. Do you have big Labor Day weekend plans? If so, what?  We're leaving for a week long camping trip on Labor Day. We went for the first time a few years ago and decided it's the best time for camping....no bugs, no kids because they're all in school and cooler weather.
    4. Tell us about something nice your DH has done for you lately.  I had a "day off" from the evening "chores" of making dinner, doing the dishes and taking the dogs for a walk.
    5. What is making you smile today? Looking forward to 9 days of no work. I called all my clients this to make sure nobody will need me during vacation so I'm free!

Tired after a long morning of hiking and swimming.
  • I've been keepung myself pretty busy. I bet things will get more active as it gets colder :(

1. What has been the best part of your summer so far?  Exploring the Twin Cities and checking out all the fun things to do around here. I still miss home but I'm starting to like it here.
    2. What has been the worst part of your summer so far?  Being promised a summer working weekdays then having it taken away within two weeks... then having my regular weekend schedule being change every single week... then finding out on my own that I get to work overnights for HALF of four weeks forcing me to change my sleep schedule every two days for an entire month, I'm exhausted.
    3. Do you have big Labor Day weekend plans? If so, what? Sleep. Maybe if I'm up for it I'll drag DH to the St. Paul Saints game tomorrow,
    4. Tell us about something nice your DH has done for you lately. Eh. He's been making dinner but mostly he;s driving me crazy. Hopefully the new temporary job he just got will help him calm down a little.
    5. What is making you smile today?  I just had a video chat with my little niece Ellie. She's the best.