Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

First Thursday

Is first Thursday on South Congress still a big deal? It was 4-5 years ago, but I haven't been since then.

Re: First Thursday

• I'm pretty sure it is. DH and I are headed down there tonight. I've never been so I'm excited to finally go!
  • image KristinD3:
    I'm pretty sure it is. DH and I are headed down there tonight. I've never been so I'm excited to finally go!

I'm thinking about it, but the heat might keep me away! Hopefully I can talk DH into it.

• image YellowUmbrella:

I'm thinking about it, but the heat might keep me away! Hopefully I can talk DH into it.

Did you all go? The heat wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

• No, we didn't make it. I got a killer headache (migraine maybe?) around 5 and had to lay down. Maybe we'll make it next month.
  • image KristinD3:
    image YellowUmbrella:

Did you all go? The heat wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

How was it? I haven't been in quite a while and was wondering if there's more stuff going on.

**nestie formerly known as thegastons**
  • image farfalla2011:

How was it? I haven't been in quite a while and was wondering if there's more stuff going on.

I liked it. I'd never been so I don't know how it compares to before but I thought there was plenty going on. We just walked up and down stopping at a few of the tents and getting food, and of course Amy's ice cream. Next time we go I'd love to stop at one of the places that has live music and hang out for a bit.

• i've never been. do they close the street? how's traffic and parking?
  • image el_twirpo:
    i've never been. do they close the street? how's traffic and parking?
    When I used to go (a few years ago) they did not close the street and parking was terrible. We would usually just get there pretty early and eat dinner at one of the restaurants before the crowds show up.
  • image el_twirpo:
    i've never been. do they close the street? how's traffic and parking?

They don't close the street down. We got there pretty early - around 5:45ish but there were tons of parking spots available. I think since they added the back-in parking on SoCo it helps a lot.