Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

SA Wednesday

124»

Re: SA Wednesday

• image bsn1752:

Did you go to the Wedding Mapper link the poster put up?  One of the reviews (all from the name person, mind you) actually said "Bella doesn't like black people".  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!  Sounds like drama llama to me. 

I am just going through and closing all of the Bella related threads.

I have no clue what you are talking about but this made me LOL hardcore.

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

1/2012: Fertility workup including SA/HSG - no issues. DX: Unexplained

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

IVF#1 = BFP - ER 12/6, ET 12/11 - 20R, 15M, 14F - 2 transferred, 2 frozen

Betas: #1(9dp5dt)-50, #2(13dp5dt)-467, #3(16dp5dt)-839, #4(20dp5dt)-1825

Saw HB - 7w1d, missed m/c - 9w1d

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • image angieandjames:
    image bobbileighb:

Book: I havent even started and I committed to taking my CPhT exam by Sept 2nd so I have to put my nights towards that right now.  Regarding the length I got through The Help in one week because it was soo good.  Are we going to go see the movie?

Lacey- Thank you for looking, I tried tons of searches and I thought there would be plenty but there just isnt. :(

I just got home and looked through my amazing wedding album! EEEK so happy.  I will likely look through it again in about 10 min.

I'm so jealous!  I'm still waiting for mine.  I haven't heard from my photographer in quite a while... I just emailed her again to check in (for the second time since she said she was working on it - last time, no response).  If I don't get a response in a few days, I guess I'll have to call her.  I hate calling people!

Holy cow that seems like a loong time to wait on your album, I would definitely not be a happy camper.  For me I can totally understand 2-4 months for something of really good quality but beyond that just seems excessive.

Edited for formatting

• image bsn1752:

Curiously, AK Photography posted up 52 mins ago saying "Wow! Annonymous tip just came in.  Thanks for the heads up!"

Hmm...

So she thinks you tipped her off or is she saying she knows people thought she was rude?

• image DFWIndian:
    image bsn1752:

Curiously, AK Photography posted up 52 mins ago saying "Wow! Annonymous tip just came in.  Thanks for the heads up!"

Hmm...

So she thinks you tipped her off or is she saying she knows people thought she was rude?

No, it was her status.  I have been a "fan" since the last BABC.  I wonder if someone else tipped her off..

• image bsn1752:
    image bobbileighb:
    image mandaroo7:
    image bobbileighb:

I just got home and looked through my amazing wedding album! EEEK so happy.  I will likely look through it again in about 10 min.

Ah so exciting!  Can you post pics of it?  I'm trying to gather some ideas! :)

I have a PDF of the layout I used for proofing if you want to take a look.

I want to see!  bsn 1752 at gmail dot com

YGM

• image bsn1752:

No, it was her status.  I have been a "fan" since the last BABC.  I wonder if someone else tipped her off..

Well good job them if they did. She was rude, we all agreed so and we posted it here. We didn't post it The Knot, nor did we do anything that would affect her business-wise unless someone is super Google savvy.

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • image bsn1752:
    image DFWIndian:
    image bsn1752:

Hmm...

She sounds like a real piece of work.

• image lesalyric:

image bsn1752:

Well good job them if they did. She was rude, we all agreed so and we posted it here. We didn't post it The Knot, nor did we do anything that would affect her business-wise unless someone is super Google savvy.

Never underestimate my google-ability.

• image bobbileighb:
    image mandaroo7:
    image bobbileighb:

Ah so exciting!  Can you post pics of it?  I'm trying to gather some ideas! :)

I have a PDF of the layout I used for proofing if you want to take a look.

Of course, send away!  amanda dot n dot davis at lmco.com

• image bobbileighb:
    image angieandjames:
    image bobbileighb:

Book: I havent even started and I committed to taking my CPhT exam by Sept 2nd so I have to put my nights towards that right now.  Regarding the length I got through The Help in one week because it was soo good.  Are we going to go see the movie?

Lacey- Thank you for looking, I tried tons of searches and I thought there would be plenty but there just isnt. :(

I'm so jealous!  I'm still waiting for mine.  I haven't heard from my photographer in quite a while... I just emailed her again to check in (for the second time since she said she was working on it - last time, no response).  If I don't get a response in a few days, I guess I'll have to call her.  I hate calling people!

Holy cow that seems like a loong time to wait on your album, I would definitely not be a happy camper.  For me I can totally understand 2-4 months for something of really good quality but beyond that just seems excessive.

Edited for formatting

Well, in her defense, I didn't pick out my favorite pictures (to use in the album) until mid May... but still, I'm ready to get it.  And I'm really ready for her to at least respond to my dang emails!

ETA: I feel like an a-hole.  She's pregnant, and has been on bedrest for the last 8 weeks so she wouldn't have the baby early.  At least I was polite in my checking-in emails, right..... Tongue Tied

On a completely unrelated note... I just had a personal best time on my elliptical (still not very long, but I'm proud anyway).  My secret?  I read the book club book.  It sounds like a no-brainer, but my machine doesn't have anywhere to hold the book, and it was a real pain to try to hold it in my hands and balance and such... so I used 3 rubberbands to secure my Kindle to the instrument panel, and BAM!  Personal best time.  Thanks, hubs, for thinking outside the box for me :)

• image bsn1752:
    image lesalyric:

image bsn1752:

Never underestimate my google-ability.

Psssst... probably too late for anyone to see this, but I didn't tip her off. I don't roll that way. I was out all day long, and just came back to download some images and was reading this thread while I waited. Who knows if anyone would even ASSUME I did it... but just in case, Not Chelsea.

imageimg
  • image superMcG:

Psssst... probably too late for anyone to see this, but I didn't tip her off. I don't roll that way. I was out all day long, and just came back to download some images and was reading this thread while I waited. Who knows if anyone would even ASSUME I did it... but just in case, Not Chelsea.

Well, I've never met you and only know you from other girls here, but I didn't think you were behind this.  I'm sure no one else here thought that about you either.

While it makes sense now that I think about it, it made me laugh that I had three friends in common with her, all other DFW wedding photographers.  

• WOW!!! I'm totally amazed by what you ladies are saying.  How massively ungrateful, selfish and self-centered you all are sounding.  You volunteered to "help" this organization, not stand around and complain about "un-paid" lunch breaks.  During your break 2.2 women died of breast cancer.  During your 4 hour stint volunteering 18.5 women died of breast cancer.  They are hoping that you can raise all the money you can because they're final wish depends on your time and the amount of dresses sold.  They're hoping that brides walk in and find "clean" and beautiful dresses to wear at their wedding to raise money for BABC.  Not dresses covered in pretzel crumbs and potato chip grease. 

What is deeply saddening is that you ladies seem to be more concerned with yourself and your hunger than helping those in need.  Most of the women this organization helps can't even hold down a bag of chips without vomiting because of all the treatment they endure. 

There are real volunteers who work for this organization who work hard not for their snack break, but to ensure every dress is clean, presentable and ready for sale to help raise all they can.  These people care more about others than themselves.  Someone who has this mindset is not doing this to look like nice people.  They do it regardless of what people think of them. Someone who has the mindset that people volunteer only to seem like good people, are those people.  If this is your "volunteer" attitude, I would be disappointed to see your attitude at your paid job. 

• image riverwild2011:

WOW!!! I'm totally amazed by what you ladies are saying.  How massively ungrateful, selfish and self-centered you all are sounding.  You volunteered to "help" this organization, not stand around and complain about "un-paid" lunch breaks.  During your break 2.2 women died of breast cancer.  During your 4 hour stint volunteering 18.5 women died of breast cancer.  They are hoping that you can raise all the money you can because they're final wish depends on your time and the amount of dresses sold.  They're hoping that brides walk in and find "clean" and beautiful dresses to wear at their wedding to raise money for BABC.  Not dresses covered in pretzel crumbs and potato chip grease. 

What is deeply saddening is that you ladies seem to be more concerned with yourself and your hunger than helping those in need.  Most of the women this organization helps can't even hold down a bag of chips without vomiting because of all the treatment they endure. 

There are real volunteers who work for this organization who work hard not for their snack break, but to ensure every dress is clean, presentable and ready for sale to help raise all they can.  These people care more about others than themselves.  Someone who has this mindset is not doing this to look like nice people.  They do it regardless of what people think of them. Someone who has the mindset that people volunteer only to seem like good people, are those people.  If this is your "volunteer" attitude, I would be disappointed to see your attitude at your paid job. 

WOW yourself.

I didn't volunteer, and I've never met most of these girls in person. But if you'd read anything other than this thread where they complained about the attitude of ONE person, you'd have seen how important this organization is to them. Many were returning for the second year. Several told stories of helping brides find "the" dress, and the way they talked about the experience was very touching. Many of these women volunteer for deeply personal reasons. From what I've gathered, they were bummed that someone who had nothing to do with volunteer coordination was treating them poorly, because that put a damper on what was really a joyful day. At no time have they complained about the work, EVER. And they also didn't complain about not getting a lunch break... they complained, to EACH OTHER, about getting yelled at for snacking.

I'm not sure what you hoped to gain by coming on here and calling names like that. The posts yesterday that included a person's name were buried in a thread that didn't identify that in the title. It's not something any of them were likely to talk about outside the message board. But now? Now, you've called them names, insulted their character, and cemented in their minds an idea they had of a person who's mostly a stranger. I wouldn't blame them for talking about it a lot more now. Well done? Yeesh.

imageimg
  • image riverwild2011:

WOW!!! I'm totally amazed by what you ladies are saying.  How massively ungrateful, selfish and self-centered you all are sounding.  You volunteered to "help" this organization, not stand around and complain about "un-paid" lunch breaks.  During your break 2.2 women died of breast cancer.  During your 4 hour stint volunteering 18.5 women died of breast cancer.  They are hoping that you can raise all the money you can because they're final wish depends on your time and the amount of dresses sold.  They're hoping that brides walk in and find "clean" and beautiful dresses to wear at their wedding to raise money for BABC.  Not dresses covered in pretzel crumbs and potato chip grease. 

Really you create a post to come on here and yell at a group of people who volunteered their time to an organization? They were upset at an understandably rude individual and if you are said individual you really aren't helping your case. She was the only who even commented about the snacking and it didn't effect the dresss. Most of the people during my shift were eating while sitting there. Either way you have no right to come here and blast people.

How many people died of breast cancer while you were writing your post?

• image DFWIndian:
    image riverwild2011:

Really you create a post to come on here and yell at a group of people who volunteered their time to an organization? They were upset at an understandably rude individual and if you are said individual you really aren't helping your case. She was the only who even commented about the snacking and it didn't effect the dresss. Most of the people during my shift were eating while sitting there. Either way you have no right to come here and blast people.

How many people died of breast cancer while you were writing your post?

Well said by both you and Chelsea so I have no further comment.

• image riverwild2011:

Well... now, aren't you precious?

Just so that you're aware, my own mother passed away from breast cancer, so you can spare me the speeches and holier-than-thou attitude and the finger-waving drama fit you just spewed all over this board. 

"More concerned with yourself and your hunger than helping people" - Child please.  None of "us" would have been there if we care more for ourselves than other people.  And as far as your little ploy to make everyone feel bad about being hungry by illustrating what cancer patients go though, you really just made yourself look like an a-hole face.

In addition, the 4 hour stint of volunteering turned into a much longer day for most of the ladies, so I find it highly reasonable for them to have a SNACK while still working.  Maybe you missed the part where someone else had a can of Pringles and they weren't yelled at, but the Nestie was?  Or did you find it convenient to skip that part for the sake of your tirade?

As the daughter of a wonderful woman that died of this awful disease, I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that my mother would be so thankful for anything received whether it be time by volunteers, her last wish granted, or even just someone to talk to while going through her treatments.  You are some nameless face on the internet that was undoubtedly sent over here in futile attempts to make us feel bad for finding one person incredibly rude in their interactions. NOT ONCE did I see any one of these ladies complain about the cause or what they were doing.

As for your cute little comment about our volunteer attitude vs. paid job attitude - Whether one is paid or not, it is still unacceptable to yell and/or berate that is helping you.  It's also unacceptable to treat one employee (volunteer) differently than the next.  But hey, that's just a little Management 101 for you.

It's also a little suspect that you joined TODAY to post this. 

Oh, and we'll go ahead and accept your apology in advance.  And if you don't have anything nice to add, then please, find the exit.  I don't have time or patience for people like you.

• All I can say is WOW.  The other ladies said it best.

This is my 2nd year volunteering with this organization.   This years' shift was 6 hours, from 10-4.  That covers lunch time.  None of us took breaks, at all...hence... the desire to have a snack WHILE working.   We weren't complaining, we were eager to keep working. 

I don't remember how many gowns we sold last year, but at least twice as many were sold this year on Saturday.   The group must have been doing something right.

• I'm pretty sure all we self-centered, self-absorbed volunteers complained about was a very bossy and rude photographer who needs to get over herself.  Also, half the volunteers that were present on Saturday were people from this board. I feel like if I am volunteering my time, then there's no reason to be rude to me.  A request to leave the fitting room with a snack could have been delivered in a million more nicer ways.  It was a bag of pretzels, obviously we are not trying to sabotage the dresses, since we are busting our ass to sell them.  Most of us ate our snack in about two minutes, so we could get back to helping. 

I don't know random poster if you are the photographer or not, but you are doing a wonderful job of ruining this event.  Don't come to our board starting drama, because your feelings are hurt that a bunch of internet strangers thought you were being extremely rude.  You are discouraging people from volunteering next year, just so they don't have to encounter you, again.  I'm sure the organization really appreciates you doing this. 

• Wow, to echo a PP - what a piece of work.

TTC#1 since 1/2011

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Okay, so I generally lurk here but I have to at least throw my support behind the other volunteers.  Your post was ridiculous and waaaaay out of line.
  • image riverwild2011:

LAME.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It is truly unfortunate that along with cancer, a dark ugly disease, that the poor attitudes of some people can not also be cured. As an outsider who was NOT at the event I would just say that you all look like bickering children fighting over who wore the best looking sunday dress, missing the point to actually pay attention in SUNDAY SCHOOL to the cause at hand. 
  • image giawood:
    It is truly unfortunate that along with cancer, a dark ugly disease, that the poor attitudes of some people can not also be cured. As an outsider who was NOT at the event I would just say that you all look like bickering children fighting over who wore the best looking sunday dress, missing the point to actually pay attention in SUNDAY SCHOOL to the cause at hand. 

Thank you for grudging up an old thread... this is getting hilarious. 

• I wasn't able to volunteer the last two years but, after reading that volunteers got yelled at for eating a few pretzels and some "women" joining just to bash others here, it really doesn't inspire me to actually volunteer for this organization next year.  I'll find other causes to give my time to. 

Why not let your friend come on here and defend herself like a big girl?  And BTW, big girls, wearing their big girl panties, don't take to Tweeting about things in that two-faced way.  Just sayin'.   

Volunteers are just that.  No one's getting paid and, unless they were getting something in exchange for their time, volunteers should never be yelled at.  I can honestly say that I would have walked out if someone had yelled at me while I was volunteering.