Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Where did you buy your furniture?

We are selling most of our "just out of college IKEA furniture" before we move. The only furniture we are bringing are the few quality pieces we have (crate & barrel bookshelves, desk, media center & a wooden coffee table we stained ourselves). We will need everything but would like to keep costs low. Any suggestions? TIA!

Re: Where did you buy your furniture?

• We got our couch and love seat with an ottoman at Rooms To Go. Our coffee table, end table, tv stand are all from Overstock.com. I know it sounds weird but we have been extremely pleased with Overstock. The tables we are made of real wood and are great quality without a huge price.

• Our living room, sofa & loveseats are from Macys, and coffee table was a floor model at pottery barn. Our bedroom furniture is from Bo Concept.
  • I bought a lot of items from my old job www.hayneedle.com and we got our sectional and ottoman from Rooms to go.
  • Thanks ladies! I found a couch I like at Macy's but if we get it I think I would need a chair with it instead of a love seat. Even though its more than I wanted to spend on a bed I fell in love with one at West Elm! 

I will look at the overstock.com & hayneedle.com tomorrow. 

• We got out sectional sofa from Roomstore and love it. They gave us a great deal because we purchased the floor model, so we got about 35% off.

Most of our other furniture is a combination of what we both had before we got married, so it all came from different places. We plan on purchasing all new stuff besides a sofa when we buy a house.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We bought a couch at Mac's Furniture in Colleyville and really really love it.  Their prices can't be beat either.

http://www.macsfurniture.com/cart/

• We love World Market's wood furniture. The dining tables, etc. It tends to look higher end while being more inexpensive than a lot of furniture stores.
    [IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

1/2012: Fertility workup including SA/HSG - no issues. DX: Unexplained

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

IVF#1 = BFP - ER 12/6, ET 12/11 - 20R, 15M, 14F - 2 transferred, 2 frozen

Betas: #1(9dp5dt)-50, #2(13dp5dt)-467, #3(16dp5dt)-839, #4(20dp5dt)-1825

Saw HB - 7w1d, missed m/c - 9w1d

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Most of our furniture is from Zgallerie with a sprinkling of items from West Elm, Crate and Barrel, and a store that has closed down called Eurway.
  • image MrzHoz:
    Most of our furniture is from Zgallerie with a sprinkling of items from West Elm, Crate and Barrel, and a store that has closed down called Eurway.

Heh, this is my house too!

You may want to try Weirs.  They have good furniture, and you can find good deals to really expensive there.  But always good quality.  The one on Knox has an 'outlet/overstock' across the street too!

Our last sunset in Hawaii... Honeymoon 2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker

Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
    IUI - 10/29/2014, BFP! EDD: 7/22/2015
  • I really appreciate all the great suggestions! We won't buy anything for a few more weeks, but I'm trying to budget what furniture we can get now vs waiting or asking for it as Christmas gifts. 
  • image MrzHoz:
    Most of our furniture is from Zgallerie with a sprinkling of items from West Elm, Crate and Barrel, and a store that has closed down called Eurway.

I was bummed to find out Eurway closed =(  

• image mseale:

image MrzHoz:

Heh, this is my house too!

You may want to try Weirs.  They have good furniture, and you can find good deals to really expensive there.  But always good quality.  The one on Knox has an 'outlet/overstock' across the street too!

Yay for outlets! 

• image Namasteak:

image MrzHoz:

I was bummed to find out Eurway closed =(  

Me, too. I did buy a few things from their Austin Store.