Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WIJFR: The Long Walk by Stephen King

This was DH's suggestion and my first King novel. He's been after me for YEARS to read Stephen King and always tried to convince me that King's writing wasn't what I thought it was (mainly horror.) He was right, at least about this one. It was really interesting...as someone else said, ahead of it's time...very Hunger Games-ish with the whole young adults-competing-to-the-death theme. I really enjoyed it and I think it takes a true master to make such a compelling story from a long walk. It also seemed quite timeless, you would never know that it was written in the late 70's (I believe.) 

Re: WIJFR: The Long Walk by Stephen King

• ITA - it's my favorite SK short story.  You should read 'The Running Man' next!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love, love, love this story!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I just found out (like last night!) that this was the first story that SK ever wrote.  I will definitely be reading it in the near future.
  • I love this story as well. It's so disturbing, yet you just can't stop reading. I re-read it probably once a year.
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I LOVE this story!  In general, it is one of my favorite SK stories ever!  I remember getting so engrossed in the book that I just couldn't put it down.  I was working at an amusement park when i was reading it and I was so obsessed that I begged my supervisor to let me take 1st break so that I could read over lunch!