Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

*Y_L*

I saw that you read Shatter Me and I really want to know what you thought about it!  Lots of hype over this one and I really want to read it!  

Sorry if you've already posted about it Smile 

my read shelf:
Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: *Y_L*

• I liked it!

It's VERY voicey. I don't know if you read Tahereh's blog, but if you do, you know she has a very distinct writing voice. The voice in the book isn't the same as her blog voice, but it's very distinct and it's very there. I think the reason it is getting a lot of hype is because the style is so different from anything that is out there right now. But it's so different that I can see that it might bug or be distracting to some readers.

I enjoyed the story a lot, and I had a good time reading it. I'll definitely keep reading the series.  

image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I do read Tahereh's blog!  I really enjoy her and her writing on her blog, so I was really thinking I would enjoy her book as well.

I love the premise of the book and I'm pretty excited for it.  Thanks for sharing! 

my read shelf:
    Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• How did you like Wildefire?

ETA: Nevermind...I just clicked on your blog and saw your review. Smile

BTW, nice blog. I just followed it.  

image image image
  • Yay!  Thanks for following Smile

I didn't like Wildefire.  I might give it another chance eventually because it did get a lot of good reviews, I just didn't like the beginning at all.  Did you read it?  

my read shelf:

• image Lauren620:

Yay!  Thanks for following Smile

I didn't like Wildefire.  I might give it another chance eventually because it did get a lot of good reviews, I just didn't like the beginning at all.  Did you read it?  

I had a hard time getting into it, so I let some friends read it first. I'm going to try to get into it when I get it back.

image image image