Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What do you normally eat for lunch?

I have been doing really good on breakfast, pretty good on dinner but lunch has been a struggle lately.  Sometimes I take leftover but I never get around to eating them or I put it in the microwave and go do something and forget about it for an hour or two. 

This is what I ate this last week for lunch:

Mon - nothing

Tues- apple and yogurt

Wed- clif bar

Thur yogurt

What do you girls eat or even suggestions.

Re: What do you normally eat for lunch?

• image bobbileighb:

I have been doing really good on breakfast, pretty good on dinner but lunch has been a struggle lately.  Sometimes I take leftover but I never get around to eating them or I put it in the microwave and go do something and forget about it for an hour or two. 

This is what I ate this last week for lunch:

Mon - nothing

Tues- apple and yogurt

Wed- clif bar

Thur yogurt

What do you girls eat or even suggestions.

My response should only serve to make you feel better about yourself... I eat whatever Mack fixes me. This goes for all meals. If it weren't for Mack, I would wait until I was absolutely starving to death, and then eat a million pounds of whatever is fastest to heat up. I'm very irresponsible when it comes to this.

imageimg
  • For lunch, I eat a random collection of things.

Sometimes I have deli turkey and a slice of deli cheese... no bread.

My other go-to's are cottage cheese, greek yogurt, strawberry apple sauce, string cheese, fruit cup, triscuits and laughing cow light cheese, an apple, etc.

I usually have 2-3 of these items at random and spread them out so I am not starving by dinner time.

• image Tiffany618:

For lunch, I eat a random collection of things.

My other go-to's are cottage cheese, greek yogurt, strawberry apple sauce, string cheese, fruit cup, triscuits and laughing cow light cheese, an apple, etc.

I usually have 2-3 of these items at random and spread them out so I am not starving by dinner time.

I think this might work for me.  My problem is if it takes more than 5 min to get ready I am likely to get busy with something else and I hate sitting down and eating for 15 min.  I think if I had a collection of small things I could just grab on my way to a meeting or munch while grading a call that would be helpful.

• Lunch has been provided the last few weeks (not the healthiest whatsoever so I try to make it healthier) and this is the last week so I will have to get on the ball.  Normally I will try to do leftovers (I have a realllly bad habit of leaving the leftovers out over night instead of putting them in the fridge so I lose a lot of food that way) or there for awhile I got on a salad kick plus it was uber easy.

This week:

Monday: pizza

Tuesday: beef with snow peas, red and green bell peppers and onions

Wednesday: chicken breast from the CFA sandwich (tossed the bread) with salad

Thursday:  chicken breast from the CFA sandwich (tossed the bread) with salad

Friday: will be pizza again

• image bobbileighb:
    image Tiffany618:

For lunch, I eat a random collection of things.

I think this might work for me.  My problem is if it takes more than 5 min to get ready I am likely to get busy with something else and I hate sitting down and eating for 15 min.  I think if I had a collection of small things I could just grab on my way to a meeting or munch while grading a call that would be helpful.

We have madatory hour lunch so I bring normally leftovers from the night before or make a sandwich. People comment if you don't eat much.. we are gossipy bunch.

• Let's see I eat the following normally at work:

Deli Turkey or Ham sandwich with provolone or colby jack on wheat bread with baked chips

A random lean cuisine

Cereal with fruit like Multigrain Cheerios

My snacks include yogurt, fruit, granola or fruit bars....

Sometimes it gets old, but then I realize it helps when I go overboard sometimes on the weekends.

• Deepthi, I get an hour lunch technically but I just never take it because I think about how much work I could get done.  I have gone out for lunch maybe 10 times since starting in Sept (most were mandatory).  I know I NEED to eat thats why I am trying to put together a game plan.

Chelsea, I wish I had someone to cook for me.  Matt surprised me the other day and said that if I dont feel like cooking after I get home to let him know and he will try and cook something or at least help.  If you knew the extent of his cooking skills you would understand why this is very out of the box but much appreciated.

• When I am home I will usually eat a turkey sandwich or some tuna or chicken salad w/ crackers. Sometimes I will have a frozen dinner if I am just really feeling lazy or if I have a lot to get done that day. I almost always have fruit, either with lunch or around 2-3p.

If I am in school I generally get something on the way. I do a lot of Chick Fil A and Subway/Quiznos. Sometimes I will do a Sonic chicken sandwich and apples or something.

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

1/2012: Fertility workup including SA/HSG - no issues. DX: Unexplained

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

IVF#1 = BFP - ER 12/6, ET 12/11 - 20R, 15M, 14F - 2 transferred, 2 frozen

Betas: #1(9dp5dt)-50, #2(13dp5dt)-467, #3(16dp5dt)-839, #4(20dp5dt)-1825

Saw HB - 7w1d, missed m/c - 9w1d

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • image bobbileighb:

Deepthi, I get an hour lunch technically but I just never take it because I think about how much work I could get done.  I have gone out for lunch maybe 10 times since starting in Sept (most were mandatory).  I know I NEED to eat thats why I am trying to put together a game plan.

Chelsea, I wish I had someone to cook for me.  Matt surprised me the other day and said that if I dont feel like cooking after I get home to let him know and he will try and cook something or at least help.  If you knew the extent of his cooking skills you would understand why this is very out of the box but much appreciated.

Aw, that's so sweet of Matt!

Mack is an amazing cook, and he enjoys doing it. I CAN cook, but I don't really like to. So it's just always been his job! Yesterday for lunch he made whole-wheat rotini with chicken and vodka sauce. YUM!

imageimg
  • Lunch for me lately is almost always a salad with some sort of protein in it like shrimp or chicken.  It's what I usually want during the summer.

Other times it's a Lean Cuisine, Slimfast or a small portion of leftovers from dinner the night before.  If I'm still hungry, I'll add fruit or a yogurt.

On Fridays, we have free breakfast at work, so it's usually just a Slimfast.

ETA:  Oh yeah, I forgot chicken salad on whole wheat bread with baked chips or veggies and fat-free ranch dressing.  I make chicken salad every Sunday and while I usually leave it for Ben, it is one of my favorite lunches so I bring it once or twice a week.  I try to substitute veggies for chips if I have them.

• image superMcG:
    image bobbileighb:

Deepthi, I get an hour lunch technically but I just never take it because I think about how much work I could get done.  I have gone out for lunch maybe 10 times since starting in Sept (most were mandatory).  I know I NEED to eat thats why I am trying to put together a game plan.

Mack is an amazing cook, and he enjoys doing it. I CAN cook, but I don't really like to. So it's just always been his job! Yesterday for lunch he made whole-wheat rotini with chicken and vodka sauce. YUM!

That sounds yummy and definitely fancier than any lunch I ever make.  I love to cook but sometimes after a long day I just dont feel like it and thats when I want to just order something but financially that has to stop.

• MrzHozMrzHoz member
    Third Anniversary

For me it varies from week to week, but this week it was as follows:

Monday - Chik Fila Chicken Strips Salad

Tuesday -Chika Fila Grilled Chicken Salad (the regular chicken strips were too heavy)

Wednesday -Chika Fila Grilled Chicken Salad again! I was in a salad mood this week,

Thursday - Bad Kathy! I had Taco Bell... :(

Friday - Lunch meeting with catered food.. don't know what yet.

I usually have more variety, but I guess I was really digging salads this week.

• image bobbileighb:
    image superMcG:
    image bobbileighb:

That sounds yummy and definitely fancier than any lunch I ever make.  I love to cook but sometimes after a long day I just dont feel like it and thats when I want to just order something but financially that has to stop.

It SOUNDS fancy, but it's really not. We used to make dinners like this and freeze them, and take them to work. The sauce is out of a jar, and the chicken can be all cooked at once and cut into strips. Easy peasy!

That's really the best way to do lunches when you want "real food", I think. Pick a night that's devoted to cooking, and make 3 or 4 different meals, put them in tupperware, and into the fridge. There's lunches for the week!

imageimg
  • image MrzHoz:

For me it varies from week to week, but this week it was as follows:

Monday - Chik Fila Chicken Strips Salad

Tuesday -Chika Fila Grilled Chicken Salad (the regular chicken strips were too heavy)

Wednesday -Chika Fila Grilled Chicken Salad again! I was in a salad mood this week,

Thursday - Bad Kathy! I had Taco Bell... :(

Friday - Lunch meeting with catered food.. don't know what yet.

I usually have more variety, but I guess I was really digging salads this week.

Hee, at the end of my pregnancy, I ate at Chik Fil A like, every day.  And I didn't get salads either.

• I never leave enough time to make myself a lunch in the morning, so I take stuff to make lunch for the week to school on Monday that way I'm all set.  Like I'll bring a big thing of premade salad, and some grape tomatoes, avocadoes, cucumbers and dressing. That way it only takes me a minute to throw together a salad.  I do the same thing with sandwiches, just bring a loaf of bread, turkey, cheese and pickels and make a sandwich every day. 

image my read shelf:
    Shannon (shananagins) Jones's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This week I have been on a PBJ kick but normally I do like Chelsea said and make a few different meals on Sunday afternoon and then put them in the fridge for leftovers for the week.  If I don't have time Sunday to cook I pick up some frozen dinners for lunch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am for sure the odd man out in any conversation about lunch.  I eat the same thing for lunch every single day.  It is easy/quick to make, easy/quick to eat and inexpensive.

Half a turkey sandwich, raw carrots/cucumbers, madrin orange slices, jello

Morning snack:  grapes or apple slices

Afternoon snack:  yogurt

I understand needing some variety, but honestly the routine does not bother me at all.  I guess I am just a creature of habit.