Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Chit-Chat Thursday

2»

Re: Chit-Chat Thursday

• image MarieSD:
    image stephiehall:

I want to know who the tattle tale was.

I'd have just assumed she had a Google News Alert set up on her name, and set to notify her instantly. I had to monitor news about my past employers in this way. (I used it for promotional quotes, NOT to go defend them or anything).

Because if it was someone who has posted here even more than once... I would think that person could've just chimed in and said "I think it was just a bad day ... she's a super sweet person" or whatever. I don't know this person, but if someone said something about a vendor I'd liked, I'd certainly speak up (in a really respectful way, especially in this case when it wasn't like anyone was ranting against anyone).

I can respect it if someone came here and said, "you know, I apologize; I was just concerned about the dresses getting food on them. I didn't see anyone else with food and didn't realize it wasn't a problem with the organizers of the event, etc." They apologize for overstepping/being rude, and still save face (because,yeah, that could be a valid concern for the dresses). In a perfect world, I guess. 

Well, if there hadn't have been the status saying "Thanks for the tip" on the photog's page, I would maybe think that was true.

And the person that is believed to tip off, lurks here and even posts very little.  But of course, doesn't say anything.  They just like pot-stirring from behind the scenes.

Oh well.

• I totally dig the comradery on this board Yes

funny_zpsd60c785f

SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH E-MEALZ MEAL PLANS

"...And he just came out of my imaginary birthday cake." -its apelila

• Leslie - I busted out the 30DS yesterday and did Level 1 with 10 pound weights. I also did pilates after that.

Fast forward to today: Um, OUCH.  I stand corrected.

I'm going to keep adding it to my workout schedule for the next 30 days and see if it makes a difference.

• image Tiffany618:

Leslie - I busted out the 30DS yesterday and did Level 1 with 10 pound weights. I also did pilates after that.

Fast forward to today: Um, OUCH.  I stand corrected.

I'm going to keep adding it to my workout schedule for the next 30 days and see if it makes a difference.

Yay! I am glad it was a good workout. I spun for an hour yesterday and my legs are screaming today. 30 DS should be interesting tonight...haha!

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

1/2012: Fertility workup including SA/HSG - no issues. DX: Unexplained

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

IVF#1 = BFP - ER 12/6, ET 12/11 - 20R, 15M, 14F - 2 transferred, 2 frozen

Betas: #1(9dp5dt)-50, #2(13dp5dt)-467, #3(16dp5dt)-839, #4(20dp5dt)-1825

Saw HB - 7w1d, missed m/c - 9w1d

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • image lesalyric:

Hanson was on the radio this morning! This made me happy.

Was it an old song or a new song? Do you remember that huge free concert they did at Grapevine Mills about 15 years ago  (saying that makes me feel so old)? 

• Last night I went to live band karaoke with some girlfriends, and it was a blast! And, my sister's boyfriend is a manager at that bar, and he paid for my drinks! Had I known, I would have kept drinking rum & diet instead of draft cider (which was a special), and saved myself about 400 calories and some serious next-day bloat, lol!

I'm super excited because this weekend we pick up our first share from our CSA. I can't wait to plan meals for next week!

• I am constantly surprised by people. If that poster in the SA thread is that photographer, then she just made herself look really bad. You girls did a great job giving it back to her.

On a lighter note, I'm looking forward to this weekend. We don't have any big plans and I hope it stays that way.

• image BanannaP:

Last night I went to live band karaoke with some girlfriends, and it was a blast! And, my sister's boyfriend is a manager at that bar, and he paid for my drinks! Had I known, I would have kept drinking rum & diet instead of draft cider (which was a special), and saved myself about 400 calories and some serious next-day bloat, lol!

I'm super excited because this weekend we pick up our first share from our CSA. I can't wait to plan meals for next week!

You go to Urban Acres, right? Let me know what you think about it. I have been thinking about joining for quite some time now.

• image Buttercup509:
    image BanannaP:

Last night I went to live band karaoke with some girlfriends, and it was a blast! And, my sister's boyfriend is a manager at that bar, and he paid for my drinks! Had I known, I would have kept drinking rum & diet instead of draft cider (which was a special), and saved myself about 400 calories and some serious next-day bloat, lol!

You go to Urban Acres, right? Let me know what you think about it. I have been thinking about joining for quite some time now.

Yes, and I will let you know! 

• Anna, thank you SO much for the rec on the Kauai book! I've been reading it all morning, and I'm pretty sure I won't put it down. I'm just that much more excited to fly out at 5 a.m. on Tuesday!
    imageimg
  • image superMcG:
    Anna, thank you SO much for the rec on the Kauai book! I've been reading it all morning, and I'm pretty sure I won't put it down. I'm just that much more excited to fly out at 5 a.m. on Tuesday!

You're welcome! That company has books for all the islands, and we used their Big Island book also. I totally forgot to look at my journal from the trip to give you some more recommendations on things to do, but honestly, everything we did came from that book. You're going to have a blast, I'm kind of jealous!

• image Namasteak:
    image lesalyric:

Hanson was on the radio this morning! This made me happy.

Was it an old song or a new song? Do you remember that huge free concert they did at Grapevine Mills about 15 years ago  (saying that makes me feel so old)? 

It was actually Zac and Taylor Hanson on Kidd Kraddick. I totally remember that concert. My mom called my sister, my best friend and me out of school and we got to Grapevine Mills at 2am to get in line. Such a good memory!

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

1/2012: Fertility workup including SA/HSG - no issues. DX: Unexplained

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

IVF#1 = BFP - ER 12/6, ET 12/11 - 20R, 15M, 14F - 2 transferred, 2 frozen

Betas: #1(9dp5dt)-50, #2(13dp5dt)-467, #3(16dp5dt)-839, #4(20dp5dt)-1825

Saw HB - 7w1d, missed m/c - 9w1d

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • I just went and had lunch with 5 of my girlfriends at Primo's for my friend's birthday.  I saw my DJ, Glenn Roush, he came over and said hello, how are you, etc.

When we were ready to pay, our waiter told us he had paid our entire bill!  I just love him.

• image stephiehall:

I just went and had lunch with 5 of my girlfriends at Primo's for my friend's birthday.  I saw my DJ, Glenn Roush, he came over and said hello, how are you, etc.

When we were ready to pay, our waiter told us he had paid our entire bill!  I just love him.

Oh wow!  How nice!

• image stephiehall:

I just went and had lunch with 5 of my girlfriends at Primo's for my friend's birthday.  I saw my DJ, Glenn Roush, he came over and said hello, how are you, etc.

Aww, that is so awesome! He is certainly a tip-top guy in my book. Smile

• image stephiehall:

Very nice!  That is an awesome guy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image stephiehall:

Wow super nice!

• image stephiehall:

I didnt know it was possible to think any higher of him than I already did but you proved me wrong.

• image stephiehall:

Wow how sweet!

Isn't that the place Big Al owns? Or is he just there all the time?

• Stephiehall, that's awesome! That's only happened to me once, and it was my 17th birthday. A bunch of friends took me out for dinner and we ran into our high school principal at the restaurant. We were later told he'd paid our entire bill.

BanannaP - where is the live band karaoke? I'm guessing probably not anywhere near where we live (in Fort Worth) but thought I'd at least ask. We're hugely into karaoke and the last city we lived in had a live band karaoke place. We loved it!