Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Hawaii People--Questions

I got an email about a good deal on five nights at a hotel in Kauai.  When looking at the airfare, I was slightly confused.  It said that we would leave Kauai at 7:55 PM and arrive home at 1:55 PM (something similar).  I'm assuming this is next day?  Most flights usually say that but these don't.  Also, what is considered a good/decent price on airfare to Hawaii?  $1100 for five nights at a hotel but, if the airfare is completely outrageous, then it doesn't help me much.

Re: Hawaii People--Questions

• Maui is 4 hours behind Dallas I believe--or it was when we went in the fall.  And it was an 8 hour nonstop flight.  So I can't get those times to work out at all (did it have a stop maybe?).  We booked ours as a package but I think separately our flights were $500 each.  But I think that might have been a good price at that time.

ETA:  Hee, a CW just sent me the same Living Social deal!

AETA:  That resort has good reviews on Trip Advisor.  But I did see a "Beware if you get a special rate" post.

• Thanks for the info, Stephie.  It's just as well because I just remembered that we'll be in Orlando a couple of days the week before I was thinking about going.  I don't think we can swing that. 

I always think, "Gawrsh, what a great deal!" when I see those deals come through but I then think "I wonder if it's too good to be true."

• Ugh, are there no nonstop flights to Kauai?  13 hours travel?  I don't think so.  Maybe this is the reason we chose Maui.
  • I only did some very basic research.  Since we really can't go this time, it gives me more time to research for when we really decide to go. 

My ILs are taking what sounds like a pretty amazing vacation.  Sunset cruises, luau dinners, etc.  

• We couldn't get a direct flight to Kauai for our honeymoon, but we were gifted the tickets from a friend who flies to China every month for work and has an obscene number of frequent flyer miles.  

I, personally, liked Maui better.  Kauai is very, very quiet!  :)