Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Two Days!!!!

Hello Ladies!!!

Just wanted to say that I move to Dallas in TWO DAYS!!!! Ahhhh!! So excited.

I realize I haven't posted much since I introduced myself, but I have been lurking a lot - getting to know a lot about everyone!

We were just in Dallas last week looking for a home - no luck, but I'll keep looking once we get there! 

Once I get in the same time zone, I will hopefully be able to participate more on this board. And I won't be such a stranger!!

Hope you're all enjoying your summer - look forward to meeting you all!

kate

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Two Days!!!!

• Hello Kate! Hope you have a smooth transition to Dallas. If you need help on great communities the ladies here are awesome!
  • image rcpm44:
    Hello Kate! Hope you have a smooth transition to Dallas. If you need help on great communities the ladies here are awesome!

Thank you very much!!! We are DRIVING there from LA - so it should be interesting!

In the past, everyone on here has been really helpful with city information. I still have a lot to learn though -- actually one of the towns we are looking at is Irving, so I may need to pick your brain a bit Smile

Thanks again for the warm welcome

• image mnkate:

In the past, everyone on here has been really helpful with city information. I still have a lot to learn though -- actually one of the towns we are looking at is Irving, so I may need to pick your brain a bit Smile

Kate - A friend of mine lives in Las Colinas, which is basically in Irving and lives near the canals. Every time I visit her there are tons of people out on the sidewalks, going to the pools and the little lake behind her apartment. If you haven't yet, you might look in that area as it is very similar to what you originally asked for when you came on the boards.

Looking forward to meeting you in person soon!

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

1/2012: Fertility workup including SA/HSG - no issues. DX: Unexplained

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

IVF#1 = BFP - ER 12/6, ET 12/11 - 20R, 15M, 14F - 2 transferred, 2 frozen

Betas: #1(9dp5dt)-50, #2(13dp5dt)-467, #3(16dp5dt)-839, #4(20dp5dt)-1825

Saw HB - 7w1d, missed m/c - 9w1d

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Hope you have a good trip. That's quite a change.

• image lesalyric:
    image mnkate:

Kate - A friend of mine lives in Las Colinas, which is basically in Irving and lives near the canals. Every time I visit her there are tons of people out on the sidewalks, going to the pools and the little lake behind her apartment. If you haven't yet, you might look in that area as it is very similar to what you originally asked for when you came on the boards.

We actually live in Las Colinas, it's a great place for us! It's basically a city within Irving. There are a few OMHs that live in this area. 

• Hey Kate,

I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip. I don't know a lot about the Dallas area, but glad to know you will be on here more often. Smile

Anniversary
  • image lesalyric:

This sounds perfect!!!! Just what I had been looking for. Originally, we were thinking Uptown, but once we got to DFW we realized that we wanted a bit more of a community/neighborhood feel.

Thanks for the tip! This makes my Home-Finding mission a bit easier Big Smile

• image DFWIndian:

Hope you have a good trip. That's quite a change.

Thank you very much! Yes, it will be a big change for us. But I'm originally from Minneapolis, and DH is from Arizona -- we've both moved around a bit, so we're pretty good at adjusting!

Look forward to meeting you

• image thecatsmeow7:

Hey Kate,

I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip. I don't know a lot about the Dallas area, but glad to know you will be on here more often. Smile

Thank you very much!! I won't have a job for a month and will be living in a hotel....so I expect that I will be on here A LOT  Big Smile

• Have a safe journey on your move!!!!
  • image mnkate:

image rcpm44:
    Hello Kate! Hope you have a smooth transition to Dallas. If you need help on great communities the ladies here are awesome!

Thank you very much!!! We are DRIVING there from LA - so it should be interesting!

Louisina LA or Los Angeles LA? We are moving from Los Angeles to Dallas at the end of August!