July 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Weekly Book Post!

I just started reading "The Help" and I'm completely in love with it so far...easily one of my favorite reads this summer!

Also, if any of you are interested in writing a guest book review for my blog, let me know! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekly Book Post!

• Just reading anatomy books... but MIL just gave me a book about Sesame Street!! That will be my next venture (maybe by Thanksgiving??).  My days of pleasure reading are over for a while (start teaching/course directing my own course in a month). 
  • image ellen73:
    Just reading anatomy books... but MIL just gave me a book about Sesame Street!! That will be my next venture (maybe by Thanksgiving??).  My days of pleasure reading are over for a while (start teaching/course directing my own course in a month). 

a Sesame Street book?! That's awesome! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image ellen73:
    Just reading anatomy books... but MIL just gave me a book about Sesame Street!! That will be my next venture (maybe by Thanksgiving??).  My days of pleasure reading are over for a while (start teaching/course directing my own course in a month). 

I need to get my hands on this Sesame Street book!

Val - I loved The Help. It's definitely one that I will read a second time.

I started reading all of the Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) novels. Enjoying them so far! I read three last week while we were on vacation.

• Val- I loved The Help also!  You are reading it just in time since the movie is coming out this summer!

I am reading Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder right now.  It's cute but nothing special.  

I have a bunch of books on reserve from the library that should come in soon for my Nook.  I am really looking forward to The Physick Book of  Deliverance Dane, Divergent, Garden Spells, and Ape House.  I hope to read them all between now and when school starts next month!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I just finished Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. It was a very good story, but I really disliked the style of writing. I just started Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult last night. I can tell this one is going to go quickly!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • image elishabelle:
    I just finished Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. It was a very good story, but I really disliked the style of writing. I just started Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult last night. I can tell this one is going to go quickly!

I LOVE Plain Truth!  It is probably my favorite by Jodi Picoult!  Happy reading! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• image benmel31:

image elishabelle:
    I just finished Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. It was a very good story, but I really disliked the style of writing. I just started Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult last night. I can tell this one is going to go quickly!

I LOVE Plain Truth!  It is probably my favorite by Jodi Picoult!  Happy reading! 

I agree. I went through it so quick. The Pact by her is awesome too. That may be my favorite by just a little over Plain Truth. You won't be able to put either one down.

I just finished Columbine. It's non fiction, so I was worried I'd take forver to get through it. I read the whole thing in 2-3 days. It was really good. It was a play by play of everything leading up to, during and following the shooting there. It was really well written. Because I was in 8th grade when it happened, I remember watching it on TV and some of the "rumors" associated with it. But there as so much I didn't pick up on (because I was young, and the authorities hid a lot of things.)  It was a very interesting book.

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/eb1yqq.jpg[/IMG]

Married Bio

my read shelf:
  • Plain Truth was my first Jodi Picoult novel, and I really enjoyed it. I just finished her Change of Heart, and I liked that one even more! Although I somewhat feel like her books are long, I can't wait to get to the end.

I just started Driftwood Summer but I'm not feeling too optimistic about it. I've read two chapters, and it already feels a little cliche to me. 

• Currently reading Columbine.  It's hard to read at times.  Brings back very vivid memories of images shown on the news during the shootings (I was a just a couple weeks from graduating HS when it happened, so it hit really close to home for everyone in our class, as I'm sure it did for every other high school in the country).  It is very interesting though.  I've learned a lot about what really happened (and didn't happen) that you didn't see or hear about back then.  I'm glad I am reading it, but I can't really say I am enjoying it.
  • I just finished Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand. I enjoyed it a lot.

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to read next. I might read The Traveller's Gift by Andy Andrews. DH read it and suggested it for me. It's a fairly short book so I should be able to read it in a few days. I was thinkings of a Jodi Picoult book next - I've loved every book of hers that I've read so far but there are still so many that I haven't read! MIL is currently reading The Help so I'll be borrowing that when she's done.

Maybe I'll have to read Columbine too - DH read that last year so it's just sitting on our bookshelf.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• For those of you that like Jodi Piccoult and read Columbine, you may also like Nineteen minutes, which is also by Piccoult. It is intense!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • image elishabelle:
    For those of you that like Jodi Piccoult and read Columbine, you may also like Nineteen minutes, which is also by Piccoult. It is intense!

YES!! I read that Jodi Picoult book 2 or 3 years ago. VERY good book.  I second this recommendation!!

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/eb1yqq.jpg[/IMG]

Married Bio

my read shelf:
  • Kelly- the Sookie books are very good- I flew through all of them in a matter of weeks when I was unemployed.

Val- I received a recommendation for The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom when I posted in another forum that I enjoyed The Help. So far it is good.  I am looking forward to the movie of the Help!

Anniversary Photobucket
  • image Sterl72410:

image elishabelle:
    For those of you that like Jodi Piccoult and read Columbine, you may also like Nineteen minutes, which is also by Piccoult. It is intense!

YES!! I read that Jodi Picoult book 2 or 3 years ago. VERY good book.  I second this recommendation!!

I third this! Nineteen minutes was actually my first Jodi Picoult book and I've been hooked ever since.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• I read Heart of the Matter while on vacation.  I read it on the plane ride there and the next day and had it done in two days.  Today on the plane I started reading Fleeced by Carol Higgins Clark. It is part of that mystery series I am reading.  I am already over halfway done. What is this Sesame Street book about?  I would love to find out more about it!
  • It's called Street Gang. My MIL loved it..  I know it will take me a while to read it b/c my free time will be limited until December!