July 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Tasty Tuesday

It's been awhile since we've done one of these!! I love doing them to get new recipes from you ladies!!

I don't have anything exciting this week. We are grilling burgers tonight. DH has been working crazy hours (90 hour weeks the last two weeks) that I've been eating on my own and not doing anything fun. Hopefully I'll try something fun/new this week. 

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/eb1yqq.jpg[/IMG]

Married Bio

my read shelf:

Re: Tasty Tuesday

• RonCourtRonCourt member
    100 Comments
    edited July 2014
  • I am making stuffed peppers "inside out".  It is technically sausage, peppers, and onions with rice.

Instead of stuffing the peppers with meat, rice, onions etc,  I choose to cut up the sausage, peppers, onions, and place it all in a slow cooker with diced tomatoes for hours on low.  You can cook the rice in there too, but I cooked it on the stove top and then added into the slow cooker and placed in on "warm" until DH comes home.

• I made this over the weekend...they are super tasty! The crust is pretty crumbly but oh well.

Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars

Ingredients

For the Base:

• Butter, for greasing
    • 2 tablespoons sugar
    • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    • 9 graham crackers (I used honey ones and it was yummy!)
    • 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted

For the Filling:

• 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
    • 2 eggs
    • 2 lemons, zested and juiced
    • About 1/2 cup sugar, eyeball it
    • 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
    • Powdered sugar, for dusting

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

For the Base:

Grease the bottom of a 9 by 9-inch baking pan with butter. Then place parchment paper over the top, pressing down at the corners. In a food processor, process the sugar, cinnamon and graham crackers until you have the texture of bread crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse a couple of times to fully incorporate. Pour into the lined baking pan and gently pat down with the base of a glass. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes until golden. When done set aside to cool.

For the filling: 

Add cream cheese, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar to the food processor and mix until well combined. It should have a smooth consistency. Pour onto the cooled base and then cover with blueberries. They will sink slightly but should still be half exposed -- as the cake bakes they will sink a little more and break down.

Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until the center only slightly jiggles. Remove from the oven and cool completely before refrigerating for at least 3 hours. Once set, remove from pan using the parchment lining and slice into 10 rectangular bars. Dust with powdered sugar.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest