Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Waxing

Do you wax above your lip or dye the hair? I've noticed a few hairs and I know waxing will 1) hurt like hell and 2) will grow back thicker. What do y'all do?
Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
imageimage

Re: Waxing

• I think anything you do will hurt and I've heard threading is great for larger areas.  I "enjoy" getting my eyebrows threaded plus it's so much cheaper than waxing them.
  • I know some ladies get it "threaded" (I think that is the term), but I haven't personally.  You can barely see my above-the-lip-hairs though.  My MUA for our wedding used a little electric trimmer to get rid of mine bc you could see them sticking out like a sore thumb after she airbrushed my face!  LOL  So since then, I've just continued to "trim" them.  :)
  • Yea I've got just a few that really aren't noticeable. What exactly is threading? I've heard Of it but don't know anything about it. How is it cheaper? Waxing my eyebrows is like $7
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
    imageimage
  • image MrsLynch0516:
    Yea I've got just a few that really aren't noticeable. What exactly is threading? I've heard Of it but don't know anything about it. How is it cheaper? Waxing my eyebrows is like $7

Well, ok for me it's cheaper!  I was paying $15 for mine when I was going to this lady for a couple of years and threading cost about $6.  I also like the fact that I can just walk in when I want and I don't have to set up an appointment.

If you google threading, you'll find some info on it.  

• I will sometimes wax my lip when I get my eyebrows done.  But honestly--I usually just shave it with a disposable razor.
  • I lasered mine off! They have a no pain laser no, but I used the regular one. It hurt,but was worth it.
    BIO/BLOG For Sale Section Updated 2/6/2012

SixFourteen Photography
  • I "thread" the hair on my upper lips, I learned to do it myself, and have been doing it since I was 16, it's really easy and more gentle for the skin, I don't like waxing and stretching the skin on my face.
  • It only hurts for a second-- and it's better than having a moustache! Go to Jennifer at Ceron salon in Dallas, she's awesome and it doesn't hurt when she waxes.