Des Moines Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

fireworks & the little ones (questions)

Are you keeping your LO awake for fireworks?!

Do you use ear protection for them or not?

If you do, where do you find ear protection?

What age did your LO start enjoying the fireworks show?

Trying to decide if we'll wake Oliver up at 930/10p to watch the fireworks....

Re: fireworks & the little ones (questions)

• Yes

No

My girls have never not enjoyed them. 

I probably wouldn't wake my kid for fireworks but if they woke up I'd let them watch. I probably just won't put my kids to bed but then they usually go to sleep at 9pm in the summer anyway. 

Nobody said life would be easy. Just that it would be worth it.

[IMG] http://i42.tinypic.com/ekm98p.jpg [/IMG]
    My cooking blog: Pickle Mom's Kitchen
  • Are you keeping your LO awake for fireworks?! Heck no, but she normally eats around that time so I'm sure she'll be up.

Do you use ear protection for them or not? Nope. We watch the fireworks at my parents'. Views are just as good as at the lake - except for the low-lying ones - there is no crowd and plenty of homemade ice cream!

Of course Ella is only 5 weeks so we don't really count. :)
  • Are you keeping your LO awake for fireworks?! Yep, but she usually doesn't go to bed until 8:30/9:00 in the summer anyway.  

Do you use ear protection for them or not? Nope.  Last year we watched them at the park but they still weren't that loud I didn't think.  

If you do, where do you find ear protection?

What age did your LO start enjoying the fireworks show? Last year was the first year she was awake for it and she really liked it.  So just over 2 years old.  The year before she zonked out minutes before they started and slept through them!  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • No, we aren't keeping N awake for fireworks.  She wouldn't make it anyway...she goes to bed at 8:00 and is a bear when she is tired.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We plan on keeping Ella up for fireworks this year. I think she will really enjoy them. The past two summers she was 6 months and 18 months and we did not keep her up and she slept right through them. At this age she is really flexible with bedtime and it won't be a struggle keeping her awake. We won't use ear protection for her. I am guessing we will put Big B down at his normal time. :)
    ~Melissa and Jeff- July 7, 2007

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/112ajkj.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/15qww7d.jpg[/IMG]
  • No, I won't.

Next year, probably.  I'm a freak about ear protection.

Same place you find adult protection - target, walgreens, etc.  They have infant/toddler ear plugs along with other options.

n/a

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
  • we'll probably head out to the farm, we can see Norwalk/Altoona/Indianola/Des Moines from there, so no worries about ears/noise.