Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Traveling with Pets

Hello Everyone,

So, I have two Yorkies, and will soon be traveling the country during our move from Texas to Washington. They are super clingy and I am not sure how I am going to manage to get across the US with my two dogs, and not loose it. In the car they have to be on my lap, and cry, like someone is killing them, if they aren't my lap. I was thinking seat belt harnesses and putting them in the front seat so they aren't too far...Any ideas?

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Traveling with Pets

• For safety's sake, my dogs are always crated in the car. Should we be in an accident, a crate will help keep them safer from flying glass, etc. A harness would be a good idea to keep the dog from becoming a projectile and to keep it safe.

Dogs should not be allowed in the front seat, however. It is not only more dangerous because of the airbags, but they are also waay more of a distraction.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image closapio:

For safety's sake, my dogs are always crated in the car. Should we be in an accident, a crate will help keep them safer from flying glass, etc. A harness would be a good idea to keep the dog from becoming a projectile and to keep it safe.

I agree.  For a cross country trip I would definitely crate the dogs.

Master of Disguise