Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

number 2 coming sat.

This will be a post and run but I'll be back later

DH's bulldog Boo is coming to live with us now since MILs landlord will no longer let her have her. Boo is nine and spayed. Ella is 4ish months and not spayed. How do I get them together? KatelynS07 gave me 2 ideas, walking them together as soon as boo gets here and sitting across the room and getting closer with treats. I was just wondering if there are any more suggestions so I can have some back up ides if needed.

Thanks in advance guys!

Rylee 8/13/07 Emmett 4/13/10 Always missing our 4 angels TTC our bring home baby since September 2011 Stage2 Endo and PCOS After 6 rounds of Clomid and no Ovulation it is on to Femara and IUI January 2013

Re: number 2 coming sat.

• You may also want to look into getting Ella spayed, sometimes unaltered dogs give off those chemical signals and that can be misread by altered dogs.
    image image

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • Thanks those links are now saved. And Ella will be getting fixed here soon just not by saturday this is all quite unexpected and we only had a few days notice. I'm nervous

Rylee 8/13/07 Emmett 4/13/10 Always missing our 4 angels TTC our bring home baby since September 2011 Stage2 Endo and PCOS After 6 rounds of Clomid and no Ovulation it is on to Femara and IUI January 2013
  • image kaydee_2008:

Thanks those links are now saved. And Ella will be getting fixed here soon just not by saturday this is all quite unexpected and we only had a few days notice. I'm nervous

don't be the dogs can feed off your nervousness...sometimes it's easier with a pup since the older dog can teach them some manners - pack order sort of thing.

breathe - it will be ok!

image image

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • I'm trying to get all my nerves out now. I just hate having to move poor boo. She loves MIL her heart was broke when DH moved out so thats why she had her. Plus a drive from SC to TN. And Boo needs alot of work. Alot.

• You don't have to let them interact right now. I keep my fosters apart from my own dogs for weeks (and in Shelby's case months). You can use babygates and reward them for nice through the gate interactions. Let Boo observe the household dynamic, settle in, and then try the super long walk on leash for meeting later if you are not feeling ready and or you think either of the dogs is giving off negative vibes. I'm a full on nervous nelly and it's ok and smart to take things really slow.
  • image PittieBoo:
    You don't have to let them interact right now. I keep my fosters apart from my own dogs for weeks (and in Shelby's case months). You can use babygates and reward them for nice through the gate interactions. Let Boo observe the household dynamic, settle in, and then try the super long walk on leash for meeting later if you are not feeling ready and or you think either of the dogs is giving off negative vibes. I'm a full on nervous nelly and it's ok and smart to take things really slow.

ok what do I do since Ella can climb over the baby gate? even 2 stacked. And has issues with the crate?