Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

SA Wednesday

2»

Re: SA Wednesday

• Today is my Thursday!

I was taking the tags off my new clothes last night and read "Low iron if needed."  Who irons their undies?  Probably the same people who iron their socks. 

I didn't get to work out last night but that's okay because I got dinner and a movie with my husband.  It was a very nice change of pace. 

Speaking of working out, one of the videos that I do is 12 minutes worth of abs that I do once a week in addition to another 50 minute video.  Maybe 2 or 3 crunches in, I get a really sharp pain under my right boob and then this week I also had it under my left one after it went away on the right side.  I've never had this experience ever, we used to do crunches with a medicine ball.  They last a few minutes and the only thing that makes them go away (that I notice) is stopping.  Anyone had this experience?   

• image saramc27:

image sparklingdiamond:
    Why didn't you like the flavor?  Like was it not sweet enough or was it a texture thing?  Are you putting the spinach in first and the heavier ingredients on top?

I liked the flavor (peach and pineapple), it was the execution that was bad this time.  Here is how I do it(Feel free to pass along tips; list from bottom of blender to top):

-crushed ice

-spinach

-almond milk

-frozen peaches

-frozen pineapple

It just doesn't blend evenly.  I still have big spinach/fruit chunks.  It may be my blender, but it is brand new...only used (now) twice!

I think it's the frozen fruit.  The one I made with frozen fruit would not blend and I actually think I killed the blender up here at my work.  Not to mention I destroyed the plastic spatula I was trying to break it up with.  And it was seedy and grainy and not smooth.  Cold fresh fruit is the way to go.

• Thanks Stephie - I totally skipped over that one yesterday.

ETA:  Jaymi - yay for date night with your husband! 

• I haven't been to Texas De Brazil, but I think it's like Fogo De Chaou, we go there for my brother's birthday every year. I always feel like some sort of tribal queen as my meat slaves cut slabs of beef off their swords (that sentence sounds REALLY dirty)

I LOVE hot yoga!  It takes a few times to get used to the heat and the sweat, but I feel sooooo good after, it's my favorite form of excercise.

I'm painting stripes in my laundry room and I'm ready to pull out my hair.  It has taken me over a week to do this one tiny room.  I'm almost done finally, and it looks pretty good.  I'll post pictures if I don't throw myself into traffic before then.  

image my read shelf:
    Shannon (shananagins) Jones's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image shananagins:

I'm painting stripes in my laundry room and I'm ready to pull out my hair.  It has taken me over a week to do this one tiny room.  I'm almost done finally, and it looks pretty good.  I'll post pictures if I don't throw myself into traffic before then.  

This made me laugh!  I'd love to see pics!

• Here is my wisdome on GM's from making them in a less than stellar blender to now having a vita-mix.

I prefer to use frozen fruit but only if your blender can handle it.  I put my milk in first then frozen fruit (no ice for me if I freeze the fruit) then turn the blender on and let that get all smooth.  Once the base mixture is smooth (in my non-vitamix days this could take 2 min sometimes) while its still running dump the spinach in through the top.  Since the suction type movement is already pulling everything down to the bottom it takes the spinach down too.  I get a very creamy smooth consistency.

• image shananagins:

I haven't been to Texas De Brazil, but I think it's like Fogo De Chaou, we go there for my brother's birthday every year. I always feel like some sort of tribal queen as my meat slaves cut slabs of beef off their swords (that sentence sounds REALLY dirty)

I LOVE hot yoga!  It takes a few times to get used to the heat and the sweat, but I feel sooooo good after, it's my favorite form of excercise.

LOL!  That did sound dirty.

You must have some serious patience to paint those stripes.  I would love to see pics.

• image llc2011:

Sorry - It's a WR say anything.  I was looking through the Dallas Brides magazine yesterday and saw Anna!  I was surprised to see a picture of DH and myself too.  I went online to send the link to my mom and saw Michelle in the hitched section as well.

http://media.modernluxury.com/digital.php?e=BBDL

Anna is on 102 and we're on 100 

Hey that's me! :)

My sister does Bikram in Richardson and loooves it. She's always trying to get me to go. But they do the same exact routine every class, I think that would drive me crazy.

My calves are still sore from the group exercise class I did on Sunday. Lame. I also got my rejection letter from New Jersey this week. Double lame.

• image BanannaP:

My sister does Bikram in Richardson and loooves it. She's always trying to get me to go. But they do the same exact routine every class, I think that would drive me crazy.

My calves are still sore from the group exercise class I did on Sunday. Lame. I also got my rejection letter from New Jersey this week. Double lame.

Super lame. Sorry Anna! But, that does mean you get to stay around the adorable twins and all of us! :)

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

1/2012: Fertility workup including SA/HSG - no issues. DX: Unexplained

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

IVF#1 = BFP - ER 12/6, ET 12/11 - 20R, 15M, 14F - 2 transferred, 2 frozen

Betas: #1(9dp5dt)-50, #2(13dp5dt)-467, #3(16dp5dt)-839, #4(20dp5dt)-1825

Saw HB - 7w1d, missed m/c - 9w1d

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • image shananagins:

l out my hair.  It has taken me over a week to do this one tiny room.  I'm almost done finally, and it looks pretty good.  I'll post pictures if I don't throw myself into traffic before then.  

I would love to see pictures!  I love seeing before and after pics of house/decor renovations. 

• image lesalyric:
    image BanannaP:

Super lame. Sorry Anna! But, that does mean you get to stay around the adorable twins and all of us! :)

Haha, yep! My sister was like "Oh darn, you're not moving to New Jersey, I'm so sad." /end sarcasm

• image BanannaP:

That is double lame Anna.  Sorry about the news.

• image shortgirltx:
    image BanannaP:

Thanks Jaymi. They had told me I'd hear from them by mid-June, so since June's almost over, I wasn't surprised to get the letter. Oh well.

• Sorry about the news Anna. :(
  • image BanannaP:
    image shortgirltx:
    image BanannaP:

Thanks Jaymi. They had told me I'd hear from them by mid-June, so since June's almost over, I wasn't surprised to get the letter. Oh well.

It's nice that they let you know that you know one way or the other.  So many promise to let you know and then don't.

• image shortgirltx:
    image BanannaP:
    image shortgirltx:
    image BanannaP:

It's nice that they let you know that you know one way or the other.  So many promise to let you know and then don't.

That's so true. I was a finalist for a job in Miami a year and a half ago, one of only two people they flew out. I never heard from them. I've seen the head of the music library at two conferences since then, and she always pretends to not know me. I'd much rather know one way or the other.

• image BanannaP:

I went to a yoga studio for awhile that did the same routine every time and I got really burned out on it and quit, but I did get really good at those poses Wink I don't understand why they don't vary the routine.  It was a bummer because that studio had a great schedule and was super convenient. I haven't found a new one that works for me.

Sorry about the job Sad I just got a rejection letter for a job I really wanted too.  I spent about 4 days feeling sorry for myself, bought a retail therapy new purse and read some junk books, now I'm feeling better about it.

image my read shelf:
    Shannon (shananagins) Jones's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Summer - (I think. I can't remember who was posting about migraines now.) I get migraines too, very similar to yours. They usually one week before AF. If my neck muscles are too tight, sometimes I get tension headaches. I have found that 2 or 3 Advil and putting a heating pad under my neck works wonders. I hope you feel better.

Anna - That sucks about the job. I'm sorry.

I have a small confession: You girls make me feel really lazy sometimes. I really need to start working out. Reading all of your accomplishments is starting to motivate me some.

I'm about to go shoe shopping!  

• image Buttercup509:

Summer - (I think. I can't remember who was posting about migraines now.) I get migraines too, very similar to yours. They usually one week before AF. If my neck muscles are too tight, sometimes I get tension headaches. I have found that 2 or 3 Advil and putting a heating pad under my neck works wonders. I hope you feel better.

Anna - That sucks about the job. I'm sorry.

I have a small confession: You girls make me feel really lazy sometimes. I really need to start working out. Reading all of your accomplishments is starting to motivate me some.

I'm about to go shoe shopping!  

Thank you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Shannon, the only Pilates class at my gym is like that, which is sad because I love Pilates.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! It does suck, but at least I get to stay in Texas for the time being. :)

• I have a little bit of a B&M more than SA. I think me and the DH need to make some new friends. I love my friends dearly and wouldn't be giving them up, but we are in a totally different situation than anyone we know. For an example...we are floating the Brazos for the 2nd time this year on Sunday and not many can join us because they have children and no babysitters or work weird hours.

A little more history...We also have a 2 year old son, named Brayden. I moved my mom in with us when I bought my house, so she keeps him during the day while we work. Then, my sister and niece live across the street and will babysit anytime we need them. My dad and other family is nearby and always want to keep him as much as possible. We have a great situation and are very glad that we have so many people willing to keep our son and spend time with him. My sister keeps him every Friday night starting at 7:00pm(I get home at 5:30pm and his bed time is 8pm) ,so the DH and I can go on date night and grocery shop. Then, if we have other plans to do something non-family related like this weekend my dad always asks to keep him.

Our friends never have time without the kiddos to go with us to do non-fmaily related things and some of them do nothing at all because of financial reasons. I completely understand their situation, but at the same time I think we need friends that can go and do things and have fun with us in non-family related things. I love my family and do lots of things with my son, so please do not take it that way. It's just nice to get out sometimes with friends. Smile

Anniversary
  • image thecatsmeow7:

I have a little bit of a B&M more than SA. I think me and the DH need to make some new friends. I love my friends dearly and wouldn't be giving them up, but we are in a totally different situation than anyone we know. For an example...we are floating the Brazos for the 2nd time this year on Sunday and not many can join us because they have children and no babysitters or work weird hours.

A little more history...We also have a 2 year old son, named Brayden. I moved my mom in with us when I bought my house, so she keeps him during the day while we work. Then, my sister and niece live across the street and will babysit anytime we need them. My dad and other family is nearby and always want to keep him as much as possible. We have a great situation and are very glad that we have so many people willing to keep our son and spend time with him. My sister keeps him every Friday night starting at 7:00pm(I get home at 5:30pm and his bed time is 8pm) ,so the DH and I can go on date night and grocery shop. Then, if we have other plans to do something non-family related like this weekend my dad always asks to keep him.

Our friends never have time without the kiddos to go with us to do non-fmaily related things and some of them do nothing at all because of financial reasons. I completely understand their situation, but at the same time I think we need friends that can go and do things and have fun with us in non-family related things. I love my family and do lots of things with my son, so please do not take it that way. It's just nice to get out sometimes with friends. Smile

I hear ya. We are in a similar situation except we don't have kids, and it seems like all our friends are having babies so we need to find new friends that don't want to talk about their babies all the time. And a lot of them don't even want to hang out anymore now that they have a baby, or they want to bring the kid along every time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am a little guilty of talking about Brayden a lot, but usually only to people that also have kids around the same age. That is definately our problem, they don't do much of anything and if they do something it is with the kids. I plan plenty of fun stuff like going to the zoo last weekend, etc, but I also like to go out and have some adult fun! LOL Brayden is a huge part of our lives and I love him more than anything, that being said we are not completely consumed in just being a parent. We are husband and wife and need some adult time. I actually think I am a better parent if I get away for a little bit during the weekends sometime. It helps me relax and when mommy is happy every one is happy! Wink

Anniversary