Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

B&M Monday

13»

Re: B&M Monday

• Marie, this particular church only has one time of morning service, when we try Watermark they have an 11 so that is the one we will try there.

Kathy, I am so sorry that happened.

• Kathy - Wow how rude, glad you called the dept mgr.  That's not cool.

Sarah - I really have no idea what we're doing this weekend.  Spending lots of time with family I'm sure.  We talked about going to the Concerts in the Garden in FW.  We will see. :)

• Kathy - That is so rude.  Poor customer service sucks!

Sarah - No clue on plans for the weekend.  DH probably has to work and I think my family is going out of town.  Maybe he'll be able to open instead of close so we can do something one of those nights. 

• This weekend we will be visiting my family and trying not to burn up!
  • image shortgirltx:
    This weekend we will be visiting my family and trying not to burn up!

Yea I am definitely not liking this hot weather!  I burn so easily that I can't spend a lot of time outside! :-p

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    ~TTC Buddies with akcrrr and amandaf6383~
    ~Knottie/Nestie Besties with *ecinereb* - Congratulations!~
    TTC since June 2011 dx: PCOS
    Clomid+IUI: Cancelled b/c didn't respond (June 2012)
    Femara+Trigger+IUI #1: BFN :-( (July 2013)
    Natural Cycle (8/7/13)- BFP!  Beta #1 (9/10/13): 509 Progesterone: 18.64  Beta #2 (9/12/13): 1118
    Baby N born 5/9/14
  • We are going to the family lake house either Saturday or Sunday.  The rest of the weekend will be for reorganizing the garage (mostly DH) and mowing (again DH) and I'm going to get our 3rd bedroom ready for DH to prime so that when we learn the sex of the baby we can get it painted and ready to go.
  • MrzHozMrzHoz member
    Third Anniversary

Yay Dana! You got a ticker.. LOL, I was wondering when you were going to get one. :)

• We're going to Houston-area to visit James' family.  We'll either go to the beach in Galveston or go mudding at a four-wheeler park.  It's also my dad's birthday Sunday, so on our way back we'll stop and visit for a few hours.
  • Also, I am SO lame.  I just got a call from the pottery place in Denton, reminding me that my plate is still there.  The one I painted at the Knottie G2G... in December.  Woops.
  • image MrzHoz:

Yay Dana! You got a ticker.. LOL, I was wondering when you were going to get one. :)

Honestly I just haven't had time to figure out where to get one.  I finally had some down time during lunch today and since I took a nap a little before lunch I could look on TB at some stuff during lunch.  I made sure I did the food one also!  Some of the others were too much for me still!

• image angieandjames:
    Also, I am SO lame.  I just got a call from the pottery place in Denton, reminding me that my plate is still there.  The one I painted at the Knottie G2G... in December.  Woops.

If you want, I can pick it up for you and give it to you at the book club.  

• image danac2010:
    We are going to the family lake house either Saturday or Sunday.  The rest of the weekend will be for reorganizing the garage (mostly DH) and mowing (again DH) and I'm going to get our 3rd bedroom ready for DH to prime so that when we learn the sex of the baby we can get it painted and ready to go.

Congratulations Dana!

• Both of 'our' babies are sweet this week.  Dana's sweet pea and Kathy's sweet potato.  :)
  • Hey guys I need to know where I can take a child to see fireworks but I dont know how to read previous threads so I think I'm going to post a new thread.

Just needed a little snark, I was very nearly mean earlier and am trying to be warm and fuzzy instead.

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

1/2012: Fertility workup including SA/HSG - no issues. DX: Unexplained

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

IVF#1 = BFP - ER 12/6, ET 12/11 - 20R, 15M, 14F - 2 transferred, 2 frozen

Betas: #1(9dp5dt)-50, #2(13dp5dt)-467, #3(16dp5dt)-839, #4(20dp5dt)-1825

Saw HB - 7w1d, missed m/c - 9w1d

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • msealemseale member
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper

image serlace:
    Both of 'our' babies are sweet this week.  Dana's sweet pea and Kathy's sweet potato.  :)

lol Angel

Our last sunset in Hawaii... Honeymoon 2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker

Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
    IUI - 10/29/2014, BFP! EDD: 7/22/2015
  • image lesalyric:
    Hey guys I need to know where I can take a child to see fireworks but I dont know how to read previous threads so I think I'm going to post a new thread.

Just needed a little snark, I was very nearly mean earlier and am trying to be warm and fuzzy instead.

I was thinking the same thing... and loving Summer's disguised snark.  Also, I didn't think babies liked fireworks... something about the noise being scary for them.  Hmm.

• There. I wrote something nice and constructive on each one. I feel like I have done my good deed for the day.
    [IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Maybe I'm the minority here, but people on TN can have babies/kids.   Just because a lot of newly marrieds w/out kids made the move over here doesn't mean there aren't people with children here.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't stay on TB post pregnancy, there IS life afterwards...and I think the Nest is more appropriate for it.

• MrzHozMrzHoz member
    Third Anniversary

image serlace:
    Both of 'our' babies are sweet this week.  Dana's sweet pea and Kathy's sweet potato.  :)

Yes

• msealemseale member
    image Tiffany618:

Maybe I'm the minority here, but people on TN can have babies/kids.   Just because a lot of newly marrieds w/out kids made the move over here doesn't mean there aren't people with children here.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't stay on TB post pregnancy, there IS life afterwards...and I think the Nest is more appropriate for it.

I agree that people can be on the nest with kids.  And many of these ladies do... but those questions were, uh, weird.  

Brianna - I'm with you, what are infant friendly fireworks?  I'm thinking sparklers.  Or maybe snaps.  <shrug>

BabyFruit Ticker

Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
  • image mseale:
    image Tiffany618:

Maybe I'm the minority here, but people on TN can have babies/kids.   Just because a lot of newly marrieds w/out kids made the move over here doesn't mean there aren't people with children here.

I agree that people can be on the nest with kids.  And many of these ladies do... but those questions were, uh, weird.  

Brianna - I'm with you, what are infant friendly fireworks?  I'm thinking sparklers.  Or maybe snaps.  <shrug>

I can see why it seems weird... but I just took it as last year they were child free and didn't mind the stresses of traveling and the bigger shows.  This year, they have an infant so they are looking for a closer to home/ quick in and quick out show they can enjoy as a family.

I don't get what the big deal is, but oh well.

• image mseale:
    image Tiffany618:

Get out of my head! That is what I wrote without reading your post first. 

• msealemseale member
    image rcpm44:
    image mseale:
    image Tiffany618:

Get out of my head! That is what I wrote without reading your post first. 

HAHA, I just read the other thread and thought the same thing!

BabyFruit Ticker

Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
  • msealemseale member
    image Tiffany618:
    image mseale:
    image Tiffany618:

I can see why it seems weird... but I just took it as last year they were child free and didn't mind the stresses of traveling and the bigger shows.  This year, they have an infant so they are looking for a closer to home/ quick in and quick out show they can enjoy as a family.

I don't get what the big deal is, but oh well.

I'm feeling kind of snarky today...  could be that I'm reading into things. It is Monday.

BabyFruit Ticker

Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
  • My snark had nothing to do with children. Mine was the fact that there was a very similar post that could have been added to instead of creating a new one.

TTC#1 since 1/2011

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • image lesalyric:
    My snark had nothing to do with children. Mine was the fact that there was a very similar post that could have been added to instead of creating a new one.

Ditto Leslie. 

Mine had to do with the fact that she sounded stupid. 

Fireworks aren't generally "baby friendly." That was a weird question, IMO. 

Also, why can't you sit in traffic just becuase you have a baby? All people who have children/babies don't sit in traffic and avoid all opportunities that may involve traffic? Doubtful. 

Annnd, I have no problems with people posting here that have kids. But if you come here specifically asking advice about kid related things, to me, that would be like coming here to ask wedding related questions. That's why they have separate websites. The Knot. The Nest. The Bump. All different topics geared toward different things.