Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

weekend getaways in TX

A good friend of mine has a "milestone" birthday in July and wants to go away for a girl's weekend. The only catch is that we need to be able to drive there, so it needs to be in TX. Can you all help me brainstorm some fun places to go overnight? We've already tossed around the ideas of San Antonio and Houston, but those are not as appealing to her. TIA!
Business Cat. image

Re: weekend getaways in TX

• Horseshoe bay resort would be a nice weekend. Fredricksburg too. We love hsb.
  • Boerne and Brenham are both cuper cute and have wineries around them.
  • It's kind of far (7 hours if I'm remembering right) but I've always wanted to go to Marfa.
  • I've always enjoyed going to Gruene or Canyon Lake and relaxing by the water. Gruene also has an awesome dance hall if she's into that type of stuff.
  • You could always do the beach too - its like 3-4 hours to Port A
    B&W Photo by Wildhouse Photography

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A couple of years ago, I rented a house in Wimberley with a few girlfriends to celebrate a birthday.  The house we rented was gorgeous (and had a hot tub!).  We all arrived by Friday night, and ate dinner at the house.  (It had an awesome kitchen, and a couple of the gals who were able to arrive early made dinner.)  We spent a day in downtown Wimberley, eating lunch and shopping around.  We had some stuff to do in Austin one day, although if we hadn't done that, we probably would've gone to the Mandola winery or another winery in the area.  If you want the house info (we rented via vrbo), I'd be happy to find & send it.

I recently spent a weekend/night at the JW Marriott in San Antonio with a small group.  It was SO nice!  We stopped at the San Marcos outlets on the way out there (arrived right around the time the stores opened, so it wasn't too hot or crowded) and spent about an hour shopping.  We arrived at the hotel in time for a late lunch, which we ate poolside.  This getaway was much more about lounging and visiting and eating and drinking more than actually doing activities (other than water slides and lazy river), and it was really fun.  We had connecting rooms, but that mainly facilitated our pre-dinner in-room happy hour.  (We brought our own snacks and wine.)

• Thanks for all of the great ideas. I have a lot from which to choose!
    Business Cat. image