Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Crate training help PLEASE!

Hi there - long story short, my husband and I rescued an 8 week old mixed puppy about a month ago.  She was still very calm at the time, and while we enrolled her in puppy training classes, we simply baby gated her in our bathroom at home as opposed to crate training. She was doing great, and we'd let her out every 3-4 hours to potty. Unfortunately, somehow, this now 12 week old, 8 pound shorty has figured out in the past 24 hours how to jump the baby gate. Yesterday when it happened for the first time it wasn't a big deal. She shred a few papers, shoes, etc. However today, she managed to jump it again, and I came home to find a hole in our rental home's Berber carpet. My husband and I have a lot of patience for Lucie, but we aren't sure how we're going to deal with this carpet incident, let alone another possible one. Clearly, we need to change our tactics. Is crate training the best option for us? How would we start this? HELP!

Re: Crate training help PLEASE!