Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

A Feast for Crows/Game of Thrones (No sp)

I read this in 2007 and found it was missing some of the main characters! So, I thought I'd offer a warning for everyone else.

GRRM:"I know some of you may be disappointed, especially when you buy A Feast for Crows and discover that your favorite character does not appear, but given the realities I think this was the best solution... and the more I look at it, the more convinced I am that these two parallel novels, when taken together, will actually tell the story better than one big book."

It turns out, the view points are split between this volume and A Dance with Dragons.  So, both should take place at the same time, just divided by character and location.  July is almost here!

Duxcaelo's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2011-goodreads shelf)
Anniversary

Re: A Feast for Crows/Game of Thrones (No sp)

• EliStarEliStar member
    Ninth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer

WHAAAATTTTT? 

CryingCryingCryingCryingCrying

That does not work for me. I need all my characters at once! WAHHHH!

image image
              Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I am convinced that this series will be the death of me. 
    imageimageimage NESTIE FORMERLY KNOWN AS BOONEYBEAR. Stooooopid nest.
  • image EliStar:

WHAAAATTTTT? 

Eli your siggy! DED

116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• EliStarEliStar member
    image SnShne322:
    image EliStar:

WHAAAATTTTT? 

Eli your siggy! DED

LOL! I had to up the ante!  

image image
              Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

YesYes

Eli, I love you for this.

imageimageimage NESTIE FORMERLY KNOWN AS BOONEYBEAR. Stooooopid nest.
  • EliStarEliStar member
    image coughing hairballs:

YesYes

Cool

image image

• image coughing hairballs:

YesYes

Yes

Duxcaelo's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2011-goodreads shelf)
    Anniversary
  • image duxcaelo:

I read this in 2007 and found it was missing some of the main characters! So, I thought I'd offer a warning for everyone else.

GRRM:"I know some of you may be disappointed, especially when you buy A Feast for Crows and discover that your favorite character does not appear, but given the realities I think this was the best solution... and the more I look at it, the more convinced I am that these two parallel novels, when taken together, will actually tell the story better than one big book."

It turns out, the view points are split between this volume and A Dance with Dragons.  So, both should take place at the same time, just divided by character and location.  July is almost here!

He had written something similar in the back of A Feast for Crows.  He also stated in that blurb in the back of the book that he "hoped that the book would be out next year" - that was written in 2005.  I was less than thrilled that the release kept getting pushed back!

And Eli, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your siggy!!!!!

• image duxcaelo:

He had written something similar in the back of A Feast for Crows.  He also stated in that blurb in the back of the book that he "hoped that the book would be out next year" - that was written in 2005.  I was less than thrilled that the release kept getting pushed back!

• image duxcaelo:

• EmbarrassedI'm sorry, I have no idea why that posted multiple times! 
  • Maybe I am just weird but I would probably consider this a spoiler.  I don't like knowing ANYTHING about books before I read them.  But, since I did see it, all I can say is Sad.  Not looking forward to that one now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
    my read shelf:
    Lisa T's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Books read in 2011: 32 of 75
  • Yeah, when I read his blurb at the back about the next book being expected in 2005 I almost threw it across the room.  He says something to effect that the book got too big and rather than split it by time and have a TON of POVs, he decided to split it by POVs and allow each of them to be more complete.  Either way it's kind of like waiting a whole year for the last half of the last HP movie. 

But the July date seems hard and fast, so... we'll get our other characters soon. Honestly, if you haven't read FfC yet, there's enough in there to keep you going for the next month.  It's not a small book.

I read all four back to back, so they seem like a continuation of one ginormous book to me - I almost didn't notice that some of my fave characters are missing b/c I'd gotten so used to there being several chapters between them.  I could see being really mad if you had been reading them when they originally came out though... imagine reading FfC in 2004 and finding out that the other half of the book wasn't coming out until 2005.... and then it kept getting pushed back for SIX years.