Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Re: FFFC

• A friend has a hookah. Last night, after watching SYTYCD, she pulled it out. I actually tried it. It was the first time in my entire life that I have smoked anything. Ever. Don't think it's going to become a habit lol.

Might be more of an UO (maybe not on this board, but within my circle of people), but...I agree with the Ersland verdict.  

[IMG]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff75/pltollison/raptor.jpg[/IMG]
  • I have mixed emotions with the Ersland verdict. Granted I feel bad for the family who lost their son. But I would like to know why a 15yr old boy is robbing a pharmacy early in the morning and not getting ready for school. I looked at the mother during the interviews and yes I feel bad, but why didn't she know where her 15yr old was? Who he was hanging around? Where he was that early in the morning?

I do believe Ersland should have gotten time for this, but I feel the mother should do time as well. Don't parents get in trouble if their kids are not in school? I think they had something on the news about a woman in Moore going to court because her Kindergartener wouldn't stop throwing tatrums when she dropped her off, so the mother kept her home.  And now she is going to truancy court. I think this should apply to this mother as well. 

• image Mrs.HarrisIII:

I have mixed emotions with the Ersland verdict. Granted I feel bad for the family who lost their son. But I would like to know why a 15yr old boy is robbing a pharmacy early in the morning and not getting ready for school. I looked at the mother during the interviews and yes I feel bad, but why didn't she know where her 15yr old was? Who he was hanging around? Where he was that early in the morning?

I do believe Ersland should have gotten time for this, but I feel the mother should do time as well. Don't parents get in trouble if their kids are not in school? I think they had something on the news about a woman in Moore going to court because her Kindergartener wouldn't stop throwing tatrums when she dropped her off, so the mother kept her home.  And now she is going to truancy court. I think this should apply to this mother as well. 

I have a few students who knew Speedy. They knew him very well. We talked at length about this case, about Speedy, and according to these kids, he was a good kid who fell into a bad crowd. I'm not saying that it excuses him trying to rob Ersland, but Ersland made some huge mistakes, as well, and being robbed doesn't excuse him from doing what he did, either. The first shot was legal. The others weren't.

[IMG]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff75/pltollison/raptor.jpg[/IMG]
  • That makes me even sadder. He was a good kid and something happened and he fell into the wrong crowd. I agree that the shots were excessive and he should not have shot that many times and it is awful this kid had to die because of it. I just hate that his mother is happy this old man got life in prison. he should do time, I agree, but life with no parole? I am just conflicted, I guess

And I am sorry for you guys to have to experience this personally. Nobody won anything in my opinion.

• I can't believe Ersland was found guilty.  And a life sentence?  Blows my mind.

DH has been working on a hellacious job site the past few months--getting home late, working 7 days a week, etc.  Our anniversary is Monday and my birthday is Tuesday...all I want is to go out to dinner and a movie but it looks like he'll be working all weekend, including Monday--a freaking holiday. I'm very supportive of his job and his work ethic, but this sucks and I'm sad.  
  • I frequently google words before I post on the nest/bump to make sure I'm spelling and using them correctly.

Not really flameful, but true. 

• image BlinkingLight1:

I frequently google words before I post on the nest/bump to make sure I'm spelling and using them correctly.

Not really flameful, but true. 

I do the exact same thing!

Kaylee & Cole 06.14.08

8/6/11 First 5k! OG&E Expo Run 34:47
    9/3/11 Brookhaven Run 5k 34:18
    9/17/11 Healthy Sooners Fun Run 5k 33:38
    10/15/11 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 33:31
    10/29/11 Monster Dash 5k 32:06 PR!
    11/11/11 Veteran's Day Run 11k in Dallas 1:13:15 Instant PR!
    1/28/12 Texas Half Marathon 2:38:03 Instant PR!
    3/25/12 Earlywine Dash
  • Not flameful: I miss you girls! I'm not able to be around often, and it sucks. A lot.

Flameful:

I disagree with the Ersland verdict. Yes, he did something wrong. But adrenaline makes you do crazy things, and it's not like he asked to get robbed that morning. Nor did he wake up wanting to fear for his life. I think manslaughter would have been far more appropriate. I also have a friend who knew the kid VERY well. He said the same thing: Good kid, bad crowd. And though it was a tragedy that he died, he died doing something wrong. He was somewhere he wasn't supposed to be, doing something he wasn't supposed to do. Had he made the right choice that day, he would still be alive. It's sad, but it's true.

Books read in 2012: 49
    my bookshelf!
    Katie (gingerfeathers)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Bloggy
  • I don't really know where to put this, but a friend I went on a playdate with the other day told me that maybe the next time there's a tornado she is going to put her kid in the bathtub so that he'll get swept away and she won't have to deal with him.  And then she laughed and said "you know whenever a 3 year old dies you should always expect foul play", referring to that poor baby that was taken in the tornado and found a couple days later.  I seriously can't believe she said something like that, and it makes me question her as a person and wonder WTF I'm friends with her.  Sad.  I do not think she'd ever do something like that, or hurt her child...and I understand that her child has some discipline issues and can be very, very hard to deal with...but so can my kid and I would never even THINK something like that.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This is stupid but I don't like the weather men when we have bad weather. They freak out and when you have a loved one/friend in an area that has been hit the last thing you need to hear is, "OMG the whole town of Washington is hit, gone." Umm can you not hold your doom and gloom until first responders get there to assess the situation and report back to you? Yes, I understand emotions and adrenaline are high when there is an F3 tornado but I think it runs a little on the unprofessional side to make a judgment before you actually know.    
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2cz1p2b.jpg[/IMG]
    DannyandAllison's Bio
  • image Dannyand Allison:
    This is stupid but I don't like the weather men when we have bad weather. They freak out and when you have a loved one/friend in an area that has been hit the last thing you need to hear is, "OMG the whole town of Washington is hit, gone." Umm can you not hold your doom and gloom until first responders get there to assess the situation and report back to you? Yes, I understand emotions and adrenaline are high when there is an F3 tornado but I think it runs a little on the unprofessional side to make a judgment before you actually know.    
    Yep, I know you and I both know that statement hits close to home for me. I can only imagine what my mom was thinking when she heard that--or when she heard that Goldsby took a direct hit. FWIW, Goldsby and Washington do have areas that are total disasters, but neither town is what I would call gone. There are also areas that don't even look like a strong wind blew through. Weather men need to settle down in the heat of the moment.
    This is stupid but I don't like the weather men when we have bad weather. They freak out and when you have a loved one/friend in an area that has been hit the last thing you need to hear is, "OMG the whole town of Washington is hit, gone." Umm can you not hold your doom and gloom until first responders get there to assess the situation and report back to you? Yes, I understand emotions and adrenaline are high when there is an F3 tornado but I think it runs a little on the unprofessional side to make a judgment before you actually know.    

No freaking kidding. I swear to God, during commerical breaks they are in the back jerking off to this crap.

Also, did Rick Mitchell get some work done to his face?  He looks odd.

I know what you mean. I wonder if you're talking about Channel 4 in particular - I won't even watch that guy. He over dramatizes everything and is always in histrionics - barf. But, as the very proud daughter of a meteorologist, I have to toot the horn for the NWS forecasters - it's because of them and their hard work that there weren't more fatalities with these storms. They don't have the glamorous (?) job of being on TV, yet they're the ones tracking storms and issuing all the forecasts.   

• image BoyMom21:
    I don't really know where to put this, but a friend I went on a playdate with the other day told me that maybe the next time there's a tornado she is going to put her kid in the bathtub so that he'll get swept away and she won't have to deal with him.  And then she laughed and said "you know whenever a 3 year old dies you should always expect foul play", referring to that poor baby that was taken in the tornado and found a couple days later.  I seriously can't believe she said something like that, and it makes me question her as a person and wonder WTF I'm friends with her.  Sad.  I do not think she'd ever do something like that, or hurt her child...and I understand that her child has some discipline issues and can be very, very hard to deal with...but so can my kid and I would never even THINK something like that.  

that makes me nauseous. V can most definitely be a handful and I know sometimes its hard to like your kid when he is misbehaving, but I always love him. I assume she feels the same way. I just can't imagine hoe that mama was feeling during the storm or what she is going through now.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Our couch is falling apart, as in the material is just peeling off and the kids bring be pieces of it, and we really don't want to buy a new one right now so h is seriously considering just "fixing" it with black tape for now. So bad!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image ShansBride:
    Our couch is falling apart, as in the material is just peeling off and the kids bring be pieces of it, and we really don't want to buy a new one right now so h is seriously considering just "fixing" it with black tape for now. So bad!

We just did this to the seat of the computer chair in our bedroom.

• image stripesandspots:

image Dannyand Allison:

No freaking kidding. I swear to God, during commerical breaks they are in the back jerking off to this crap.

Also, did Rick Mitchell get some work done to his face?  He looks odd.

That must be his I just jerked off face lol.

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2cz1p2b.jpg[/IMG]
    DannyandAllison's Bio

Yes!  They get wayyy too excited and just stir the pandemonium. 

• image BoyMom21:
    I don't really know where to put this, but a friend I went on a playdate with the other day told me that maybe the next time there's a tornado she is going to put her kid in the bathtub so that he'll get swept away and she won't have to deal with him.  And then she laughed and said "you know whenever a 3 year old dies you should always expect foul play", referring to that poor baby that was taken in the tornado and found a couple days later.  I seriously can't believe she said something like that, and it makes me question her as a person and wonder WTF I'm friends with her.  Sad.  I do not think she'd ever do something like that, or hurt her child...and I understand that her child has some discipline issues and can be very, very hard to deal with...but so can my kid and I would never even THINK something like that.  

Wow!