Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Suggestions

We are actually getting a date night tonight. ILs haven't taken M for a full night in such a long time. So when they asked if they could keep her tonight I was excited to say the least. Only problem DH and I don't know what to do. We usually do dinner and a movie. But the movies at the Warren right now are not very appealing. And a nigh in kind of feels like a waste. So I am needing some suggestions!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary

Re: Suggestions

• Go to Bricktown have a nice dinner, go for a drink and maybe a carriage ride. I'm sure that is normal for most but to me that would be a fun non-wasted evening.
    Shop my ThirtyOne Site anytime 24/7 www.mythirtyone.com/116821
  • Just a couple ideas:

-Mini-golf

-Bowling

-Dinner downtown and then Melting Pot for yummy dessert

-the drive-in is fun (http://www.winchesterdrive-in.com/)

-This one sounds a little lame, but you could go play Bingo! My grandma is one of those bingo addicts that goes every single weekend. She lives in South Dakota but when she's down here visiting she still has to go play. So we go with her sometimes when she's down here. It's actually fun. And it's interesting to people watch (there are some weirdos that play bingo, that's for sure). And it can be not too expensive if you don't get all of the intermission games.

Kaylee & Cole 06.14.08

8/6/11 First 5k! OG&E Expo Run 34:47
    9/3/11 Brookhaven Run 5k 34:18
    9/17/11 Healthy Sooners Fun Run 5k 33:38
    10/15/11 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 33:31
    10/29/11 Monster Dash 5k 32:06 PR!
    11/11/11 Veteran's Day Run 11k in Dallas 1:13:15 Instant PR!
    1/28/12 Texas Half Marathon 2:38:03 Instant PR!
    3/25/12 Earlywine Dash
  • image kayleeb:

Just a couple ideas:

-Mini-golf

-Bowling

-This one sounds a little lame, but you could go play Bingo! My grandma is one of those bingo addicts that goes every single weekend. She lives in South Dakota but when she's down here visiting she still has to go play. So we go with her sometimes when she's down here. It's actually fun. And it's interesting to people watch (there are some weirdos that play bingo, that's for sure). And it can be not too expensive if you don't get all of the intermission games.

Great suggestions! We used to play bingo almost every Friday night when we lived by Ft. Worth. One time we saw 2 older women get into a fist fight because one called "Bingo" before the other. Really interesting. Also they let you bring in your own alcohol.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • What did you used to do when you were dating? Do that!
  • image BlinkingLight1:
    What did you used to do when you were dating? Do that!

That's a good idea, too! DH and I were talking about the little things we used to do when we first met (getting sno cones, getting fried okra and biscuits from Chicken Express and going to the park to eat it, walk around OU, just little things like that) I thought it would be fun to have a "Memory Lane" date night. Do all of those things and just reminisce about the dating years.

Kaylee & Cole 06.14.08

3/25/12 Earlywine Dash
  • image amidavey06:
    image kayleeb:

Just a couple ideas:

-Mini-golf

-Bowling

Great suggestions! We used to play bingo almost every Friday night when we lived by Ft. Worth. One time we saw 2 older women get into a fist fight because one called "Bingo" before the other. Really interesting. Also they let you bring in your own alcohol.

Wow! A fist fight??

I especially love seeing the old ladies with their "lucky charms" (troll dolls, beanie babies, etc.) Oh, and the one's who have about 50 dobbers and they match the dobber color with each page of the pack.

Kaylee & Cole 06.14.08

3/25/12 Earlywine Dash
  • Maybe you could go check out some live music somewhere?  The Gazette has a pretty good listing of who's playing around town.
  • image amidavey06:
    image kayleeb:

H and I randomly decided to go play bingo one night a few weeks ago. We tried out one place, but it was SUPER smoky and depressing, and the next-closest one wasn't open that night. Let me know if you find a good place!

• image speedysari:
    image amidavey06:
    image kayleeb:

H and I randomly decided to go play bingo one night a few weeks ago. We tried out one place, but it was SUPER smoky and depressing, and the next-closest one wasn't open that night. Let me know if you find a good place!

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the smoke either. When we go (which is only about once a year) we usually go to Goldsby (it's right off the east side of I35 - across the highway from Riverwind). They have a non-smoking section.

Kaylee & Cole 06.14.08

3/25/12 Earlywine Dash
  • image BlinkingLight1:
    What did you used to do when you were dating? Do that!

I love this idea! What did you end up doing?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers