Gardening & Landscaping
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email hel[email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

People that know lawn care services and/or Lawn and Landscape Gardens (Circle Pines, MN).

Hmm?I had a big impulse buy.  I bought TWO Groupons for Lawn and Landscape Gardens so $180 worth of services.  It had a ticker that counted to 25 and it said limited quantity available and I foolishly clicked ?buy? thinking it said only 25 could be bought.

So when I bought it, I was hoping for grass fertilization and weed control for some really tough thistles.  They say they do ?granular lawn applications? which I hope is the weed control part.  What does ?lawn application mean??  It looks like people think ?applications? should start in March (although, it was still snowing in March).  Would it be of value to me to start this late in the season?  An ?application? costs $40 for a half acre; I have less than a half acre so it looks like I will have lots of money left over.

What else would be beneficial to my yard?  I have about .32 acre yard, 2 year old blue grass sod, and slight hill with no sprinklers (they do not install sprinklers).  I have a rock garden around the house, but not very many plants in it.  I have a flower garden, but it bumps right into a pond with cattails so they can?t really use any chemicals there.

They offer the following things, are they helpful and when during the year should it be done:

Aeration: my next door neighbor gets this done every year and his lawn looks nice, but all I know about it is that it end up looking like a goose pooped all over it.

Fall Clean-up ? we only have a couple small trees and not many leaves fall, is something else involved in a clean-up?

Mulching ?  ?

Re: People that know lawn care services and/or Lawn and Landscape Gardens (Circle Pines, MN).

• ~NB~~NB~ member
    5000 Comments Combo Breaker
    image sunkiss177:

They say they do ?granular lawn applications? which I hope is the weed control part.  What does ?lawn application mean?? 

Ask THEM.

It looks like people think ?applications? should start in March (although, it was still snowing in March).  

What people think that? You can't apply any lawn treatment over snow. Ask whoever said this what are they talking about.

Would it be of value to me to start this late in the season? 

Maybe, depending on where you live and what is being applied.

What else would be beneficial to my yard? 

They offer the following things, are they helpful and when during the year should it be done:

Aeration

Fall Clean-up

Mulching

Mulching is beneficial around trees and shrubs, and to suppress weeds in beds (even if you can't plant anything in them right away). Can be done anytime. Should be made of natural, composed wood material, without dyes.

[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/1877/160/18770160.png[/img][/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com]Free Calorie Counter[/url]