Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Went to the zoo today!

I took my 7 y/o niece. We saw lots of cute animals, but my favorite were the 9 week old baby pot-bellied pigs. They had the cutest little swirly tails!

The *best* part of the whole day was when my niece told some dumb kid off. There's a huge fenced area where you can get corn and feed white-tailed deer by hand. They just kind of wander around and are sweet and friendly. Some kid (maybe 10-11) was chasing a mom and baby. They were running around looking all confused/scared. He was totally old enough to know better, and the lazyazz mom was sitting on a bench smoking. Before I could say something, my niece starts yelling "Hey kid, you knock it off right now!". The kid stops for a second and looks at my niece, and she shakes her fist at him and says, "yeah, that's right. Knock it off. I hope that deer bucks you in your butt!"

That's my girl!!! Always looking out for the welfare of animals. I PPH her!Yes

Re: Went to the zoo today!

• I love going to the zoo - do you have a good one where you live?

image mrsjohnson706:
    Before I could say something, my niece starts yelling "Hey kid, you knock it off right now!". The kid stops for a second and looks at my niece, and she shakes her fist at him and says, "yeah, that's right. Knock it off. I hope that deer bucks you in your butt!"

And that is hilarious!

• image mrsjohnson706:
    Before I could say something, my niece starts yelling "Hey kid, you knock it off right now!". The kid stops for a second and looks at my niece, and she shakes her fist at him and says, "yeah, that's right. Knock it off. I hope that deer bucks you in your butt!"

Okay, your niece is super cool! She deserves an ice cream or something for that. 

• I went to the toledo zoo today it was amazing they have a baby polar bear, baby giraffe,and a 6 day old monkey. My mom and I had an awesome day toghether
  • Awww I love her!

I'm taking my niece and nephew and Gio to the zoo tomorrow.  Our local library has a free pass you can borrow, so we go a few times a year.  It's not the greatest, but it keeps the kids entertained for an hour!

[IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g212/DRFROGGER143/bacardi-stoli-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

5/10 - Gideon 6/12 Warren
    4/11 Started adoption process for 2 siblings through DCF. 10/11/12 Found out we are licensed! Doing respite care while we wait to be matched with our kids.
  • "I hope that deer bucks you in your butt!"

Probably my new favorite phrase. I'm keeping that one.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image **ZippityDoDa**:

I love going to the zoo - do you have a good one where you live?

Actually, we're pretty lucky. We have 2 really good ones both within an hour's drive.

• This is entirely too awesome! You have an amazing niece that appears to have been raised right, and stands up for what she knows is! That's something to be proud of these days!
    Engaged 12/13/06
    Married 08/08/08
    Blog