Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Hunger strike

Our cat Southpaw seems to be on a bit of a hunger strike lately.   All winter she was a little piggy and ate like crazy as soon as we put the food bowl down.  However, as soon as the weather started warming up, we haven't seen her eat hardly at all and she seems to be losing a bit of weight.   She seems to be totally normal otherwise--same activity level, if not more perky, not in pain, normal bathroom habits, etc.

(She may be eating at night while we're asleep--we leave a little food out overnight so we can get some sleep.  It's gone in the morning, but it could be our other cat eating it as well.)

Normal?  Would you worry?

two years!
after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
Pregnancy Ticker
Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart

Re: Hunger strike

• How old?  How much weight is she losing? A tiny bit might not worry me but if it keeps up I would take her in. Or if you don't see her eat at all in a day - that's not good. I assume you have a scale at home and can weigh her daily for a while?
    imageimage Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • She's 4.5, and was getting pretty chunky over the winter, so honestly, she could stand to lose a few pounds.  We haven't been tracking her weight, but we could definitely start.  She just looks...less chubby these days, I guess.  That might be because she's shedding a ton, though, too.

She's kind of a sensitive cat and any changes freak her out.  This also coincided with our foster cat departing, which I think may have upset her a bit.

ETA: She still begs for the milk out of DH's cereal bowl every morning, though.  (Every now and then he gives her a few licks despite me telling him not to...)

two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart