Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Surprise 40th Bday invite help?

We are having a surprise luau themed birthday party....I need serious help with wording!

The one I like the best is:

The margaritas are poured, and the tables are set for a birthday party she'll never forget.

I like it, but I wanted to see if you all had any other ideas. TIA!

Re: Surprise 40th Bday invite help?

• i don't really associate margaritas with luaus. ?don't get me wrong, margaritas are a good time, but i wouldn't get a luau theme from margaritas being poured.?

[the bliz-og]
  • Well no margaritas aren't totally luau, but the invitation itself will be tropical themed. Do you have another suggestion for a drink that is more "luauish"?
  • I agree with Wan, maybe you could change it to Mai Tais instead of Margaritas.

I'm bad at wording, let me think of something....

• Bring your grass skirt and flower lei,

To come celebrate Name's big day!

ehhh, I'll keep thinking.

• mai tais are good, or lava flows (pina colada with a swirl of strawberry puree).

if there's already a tropical motif to the stationery, i wouldn't use any kind of cutesy wording. ?cover the basics, specify the surprise aspect, and leave it at that. ?it's not like you're expecting them to dress up or anything, right??

[the bliz-og]