Inland Empire Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

DMV Photo Suggestions?

I HATE taking new pictures at the DMV- but my license expires on Sunday and they are forcing me to come in :( Any suggestions for taking a "decent" photo- the last one had me looking like a 400lb mammoth woman- I mean, I'm a big girl, but not as big as that picture made me look, lol! And I'm 5'11" - so maybe the upward pointing camera isn't quite the best angle, lol!
Don't worry about tomorrow. After all, today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday. Take each day as it comes...one at a time. Midnight Baking Adventures Blog

Re: DMV Photo Suggestions?

• When I took photos last the photographer told me to stick out my chin like a turkey and than kind of point it down. And I really did see a difference in the pics. My double chin was definitely not as prominent. Or my pointy nose.

If makes you feel any better I can't wait till I get to renew my license. My picture is so bad. I hadn't expected to take a pic when I went it so I was not prepared. I was 3 weeks away from my due date, it was 100deg and I had just woke up. It's sooooo bad. usually DH is the one to be "oh no that pic looks great" and "you look good, you're just too biased" But when I showed him my pic his first response was "oh no I'm sorry babe, maybe you can retake it?" than I knew it was really bad.

• My first picture was when I was 16, the 2nd one I took was last year, the day after halloween, when I changed my name at the DMV. I didnt know they were going to take my picture.

I was a pink lady last year (from Grease)  and my hair was still teased up pretty high : /

• Oh no! Lol- that is exactly what you want to hear when you're pregnant right, lol!

Yeah, in mine I'm all red-faced (I'm not THAT white), and I just look huge. I mean- I'm a big person, don't get me wrong - but my Avatar pic is about how big I am... the pic I took was horrifying- I looked like one of those people you see getting carried out by crane from their house, lol! Ok, not that  bad, but I don't show anybody that pic unless it is mandatory, lol! :)

GREAT tips- I was hoping for something like that- wish me luck, I'm on my way! :) 

Don't worry about tomorrow. After all, today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday. Take each day as it comes...one at a time. Midnight Baking Adventures Blog
  • When I had to take a new photo two years ago they told me to look straight ahead and not smile- WTF?? I smiled anyway and the picture came out halfway decent.
  • Tilt your head down slightly.

Also, wear more makeup than you usually do. Mylast two DMV pics have actually been decent, but I had to really cake on the lipstick and eye makeup. It looked overdone in real life, but looked great and natural in the picture.

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/20uzlzc.jpg[/IMG]
    The Blog
  • I had to take a new one when I changed my name. I was probably the only one in line brushing my hair and checking my face. I just looked straight ahead and smiled and it turned out decent enough for a drivers license photo. Definitely smile and I agree with pp that said to tilt your head down slightly. I think that's a tip the celebs do.

• Thanks for the tips! I have returned... hopefully it turned out ok, I'll update in a couple of weeks, lol!