June 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

POLL: Your Body in HS v. Now

Cassidy's post made me think about how I looked in high school and how I thought I looked.  I thought I my stomach was horribly "fat" in high school.  Now I wish I could get my stomach back to that size, but I'm much more comfortable with my body.

Were you personally happier with your body in high school (at the time) or are you happier/more comfortable with with your body now?

Honestly, is your body better or worse now than it was in high school (some people improve with age)?

[IMG]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x34/alliapistor/Cooper/IMG_2243.jpg[/IMG]

Re: POLL: Your Body in HS v. Now

• Were you personally happier with your body in high school (at the time) or are you happier/more comfortable with with your body now? No, I'm never happy with my body at the time :) I'm fairly happy now. I've set more realistic goals for myself but I always have goals so that hasn't changed. I'm much more comfortable in my skin now.

Honestly, is your body better or worse now than it was in high school (some people improve with age)? It's better. I'm probably close to the same size (a few pounds smaller) but I'm more fit now. I didn't really work out in high school except for soccer.

I wish I wouldn't have taken my metabolism for granted! It wasn't super fast but I could easily maintain with the crazy fast food intake that I had then. I remember getting fast food before games. Ick! I would die now if I did that and tried to do some type of physical activity.

Happiest place on Earth!
  • I didn't appreciate my high school body at all. I felt like one of the bigger girls in school, but I certianly wasn't as "big" as I thought I was. In fact, I'd give anything to look like I did in high school.

With that said, I am definitly more comfortable in my body now than I was in high school even though this body is easily 50 lbs. heavier than that one.
    [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/trickeytricky/463073_361060323935872_249254421783130_980011_919771394_o-1.jpg[/IMG]Cut the Crap: a weight loss blog
  • I have a large frame... I mean, I'm nearly 6 feet tall with broad shoulders!  So, in high school, I still felt bigger than everyone.  Volleyball, for example... I didn't mind the spandex shorts but I did have a much bigger butt/thighs than all the "pretty girls".

But, I was 30 pounds lighter my senior year of high school that I am now, so in retrospect, my body was probably great and I didn't see it.

image image
  • ha wrote my blog post about this yesterday!

Were you personally happier with your body in high school (at the time) or are you happier/more comfortable with with your body now? i was not happy at the time though I was probably thin to most people.  I constantly compared myself to my skinny pretty cheerleading sister.  I am not necessarily happy with my body now but I have accepted it(most days)

Honestly, is your body better or worse now than it was in high school (some people improve with age)? I am in better shape and eat better, but I am a little heavier.

Blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    16 read! my read shelf:
    Amy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm happier now than I was in HS. I am about 10 pounds lighter and I feel like I have more of an hourglass shape now than I did in HS.

I think my body is better now, but not as good as it used to be. I'm a good 10 pounds lighter than I was in HS, but I'm about 20 pounds heavier than I was the year before our wedding.

• Prebaby I would have said my body was better now and I maybe still would. I was a "late bloomer" and had no curves at all in hs. Now I at least have some boobs, but my stomach is squishy since Collin. I can cover that up for the most part though.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image Casperdy:

I have a large frame... I mean, I'm nearly 6 feet tall with broad shoulders!  So, in high school, I still felt bigger than everyone. 

I knew you were tall, but not this tall.  When we meet, I think my husband should be there (and maybe yours too!).  D always tells me if he could trade me in, he would trade me in for someone taller...  he also mentions that red hair wouldn't hurt either. :)  haha

• It depends on what year of high school...

Freshman year I was battling an eating disorder while doing 3 seasons of sports.  My body looked great, but my mental health sucked.

By junior year, my eating problems took a 180 and I gained weight.  For some of that year, my body was pretty much the same as it is now.  I then got on track with my sports and my eating became healthier.

Freshman year - great body, unhealthy

Senior year - 15 pounds lighter than now, and much more toned.  I definitely had a better body in highschool than now.

I continue to have my bad body days, but they seem to be fewer than in the past.

image Thanksgiving, 2011 Amanda & Joe, June 28, 2008 Blog of Randomness BFP 6/10/11; Missed m/c at 5wk6d; D&C 7/18/11, Triploidy BFP 11/24/11, please be our sticky baby pregnant
  • image MrsBreaux2008:
    image Casperdy:

I have a large frame... I mean, I'm nearly 6 feet tall with broad shoulders!  So, in high school, I still felt bigger than everyone. 

I knew you were tall, but not this tall.  When we meet, I think my husband should be there (and maybe yours too!).  D always tells me if he could trade me in, he would trade me in for someone taller...  he also mentions that red hair wouldn't hurt either. :)  haha

Mr.Casperdy is equally tall. Their children are going to pound ours into the ground. I think DH has jokingly (but not really) said that maybe we need some of their DNA.

Happiest place on Earth!
  • image MrsJaay:
    image MrsBreaux2008:
    image Casperdy:

Ha.  Our DNA has the potential for disaster or professional sports fame. We shall see!  DH jokes that he only married me because of my upper body strength and height-so that he could get himself an NFL player.  We're gonna end up with kids who love musicals and theater like I do, but are built like football players, just like him.

But yes, I'm basically 5'11 barefoot, so outside of flats, I'm 6' in shoes.  DH is 6'3" but was much bigger when he was playing football-he's cut about 50 pounds since then.

Mr.Casperdy is equally tall. Their children are going to pound ours into the ground. I think DH has jokingly (but not really) said that maybe we need some of their DNA.

image image
  • I had a rockin' bod in high school and I would love to have it back. I didn't have a lot of body image issues, I always wanted a bigger boobs and now that I have them I want my little boobs back.

I had to put in A LOT of time for that rockin' bod. PRetty sure I would die if I had to swim that much now.

Neena Mae. 1/7/10
    "A baby nursing at a mother's breast is an undeniable affirmation of our rootedness in nature." - David Suzuki
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I actually think my body is sexier now than it was in high school.  I was slim-- like about 15-20 pounds lighter, but I didn't have a butt to speak of.  SInce having Natalie I'm definitely more bootylicious and I'm ok with it. 

I have always been pretty indifferent about my body, then and now.  I'm ok with it, I'm happy with it, but there is always room for improvement as with anything in life.   

Married in 2008 - DD born in 2010 - EDD 6.15.2012!
  • I think it's pretty close, though I'm about 8-10 lbs heavier now than I was in high school. I have always been self conscious about my weight, particularly in my stomach, but looking back, I didn't have much to worry about! I was also pretty muscular in high school. With rowing, my legs were like tree trunks (which I was always pretty proud of). Now, I don't have quite as much muscle, though running still gives me some.

I think I've gained some confidence, just in the last couple months, but I definitely still have my days. Right now I'm working on getting those couple lbs off, so I can be the same weight I was in high school when I go to a high school friend's wedding this summer. 

• At the time I was happy and modeling. However, I wanted to gain a bit cuz I wanted curves.  I've gained 30 pounds and am happy enough, but would really like to lose 15. fwiw, on the bmi scale, I'm right in the middle, so I really can't complain.

• Were you personally happier with your body in high school (at the time) or are you happier/more comfortable with with your body now?

I was happy with my body in HS. I had a small waist and a J.Lo/ Kim Kardashian booty. I was also in the single digits after spending my middle school years in the double digits. The icing on the cake was that  my prom dress was a size 4 ( I ordered an 8)

Honestly, is your body better or worse now than it was in high school (some people improve with age)?

It was doing good until these last few weeks. I'm not as small as I was in HS, but I was comfortable with where I was. I've gained about 10 pounds recently and I'm not happy with it. I'd still prefer to be my HS size/weight

• Before Landon, I was the same size at 26 years old as I was at 17. I hadn't gained weight since my last growth spurt when I was 15.

Now, I'm 15 pounds heavier than I was last year before I got pregnant. My hips, butt, and thighs are much bigger, so I'm up 2-3 pants sizes. I know it's still soon and I may go back to the size I was, but I really don't want to. I don't want to be that small again. I've been a stick my whole life. I just want to tone my belly, butt, and thighs, but I'm still too sore to do anything hardcore.

• image trickeytricky:
    I didn't appreciate my high school body at all. I felt like one of the bigger girls in school, but I certianly wasn't as "big" as I thought I was. In fact, I'd give anything to look like I did in high school.

With that said, I am definitly more comfortable in my body now than I was in high school even though this body is easily 50 lbs. heavier than that one.

Ditto.

• I was happy with my body in high school for the most part.  I was about 12-15 pounds lighter but that was too small really.  When I see pictures from high school I think I looked too skinny, at least my first two years.  I didn't like my small boobs in high school but I am totally fine with them now.

I am happy with where I am now and more comfortable.  I look more better with more weight on and I am in way better shape than I was in high school.  I didn't work out then like I do now. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I weigh about 30lbs more than I did in HS, so I'd take my HS body in a second!  I feel like I dressed frumpier than I do now because there didn't seem to be as many options for girls in bigger sizes.  I fit into a 14 in HS, but even then stuff never fit right.  

I am not happy with my body now.  The twins gave me an awesome like fanny pack of flab for a lower belly, plus I have a muffin top.  I just need to get back into running and swimming and help my body tone up and lose some weight. 

• I thought I was tremendously huge in HS.  I mean, I was bigger than some, but not huge by any means.  However, I was kind of identified as the 'big funny one' and honestly I think that kind of f'd me up for a long time (like, to this day).  I think if I was never considered the 'big' one I'd have been 'normal'.  Does that make sense?
  • I am 25 pounds heavier now than in high school. I was a size 4 and thought I was fat. I also had major issues with some other physical issues, thick eyebrows, overbite, small chest.

Now I know how to deal with the eyebrows, I don't care about the overbite as much, I wish I were a size 4 again, and even though I kept most of my pg chest size gain, I'm still on the small side, and don't really care anymore.

• In HS, I thought my stomach was soooo big.  I tried starving myself, doing hundreds of sit-ups, but nothing worked.  I wouldn't wear 2 piece bathing suits and was terrified when our dance team had to wear something that showed my midriff.  I weighed 112 lbs. 

Part of me wishes I still had that body, but part of me realizes that it just isn't realistic for a woman at "my age."  Pre-pregnancy, I'm about 15 to 20 lbs. heavier than back then but a lot bigger because I have less muscle.  I'm so much more comfortable with myself now.  I finally realized that real women DO have curves and it is normal.  Those women with the super flat bellies are actually the abnormal ones.  (Although I'd still love to have a flat belly, I just think it isn't in the cards for me.)

[IMG]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x34/alliapistor/Cooper/IMG_2243.jpg[/IMG]
  • Were you personally happier with your body in high school (at the time) or are you happier/more comfortable with with your body now? __ I was happier with my body in high school. I was pretty confident and never really felt fat or awkward or anything. I was a competitive swimmer prancing around in tiny suits all the time (been doing that since I was 5!), so I guess that helped give me a lot of self confidence Stick out tongue.

Honestly, is your body better or worse now than it was in high school (some people improve with age)? __My body is worse now. By my senior year in HS, I was in the peak condition of my life. All muscle, could eat anything, swam and worked out every day! However, I didn't swim in college, so there was no chance I'd stay in that kind of shape. I kept working out, but not with as much intensity.

Since the wedding I've kind of struggled with finding time for my job (and life) and being able to work out. I'm not overweight but I know I'm really out of shape (for me) and am working to lose about 10 lbs. I am also much more self conscious about how I look. Realistically, I know I'll never be in shape like I was in HS, and I'm ok with that - but I hate feeling out of shape and tight in my clothes. Although DH was dating me senior year when I was in great shape and he still loves me now, so it can't be that bad, right? lol

• I felt comfortable enough in high school, I think.  I had my favorite features and least favorite features, but I think overall I liked my body.  When I was in college, I played more sports and became much more lean and in shape.  I liked my body a lot more in college because I weighed less, fit better in my clothes and I loved having toned muscles.  I played volleyball all year long for the 4 years I was in college and even for about a year and a half after I graduated but then my coach was let go because they wanted a change.  Before I got pregnant, I would say my body was more like it was in high school.  I don't dislike it, I just miss being as physically fit as I was.  It's a big goal of mine to get back to that.
    We tied the knot on 06-07-08!

[img]http://i51.tinypic.com/8xpxyh.jpg[/img]