So now we are pretty sure Nolan has croup. I swear, daycare is killing me. Anyway, the nurses line listened to him cough and his other symptoms and agreed that is what it sounds like. She said it was "up to me" on whether to bring him in or not but that the only treatments they can do are breathing treatments and steroids. Of course she reminded me about a steamy bathroom, cold night air, etc.
He is happy and normal during the day (well, he has a cold and coughs but it doesn't bother him much). At night it gets worse. This started on Sunday night, so last night was night 4. I read on Dr. Sears' website that croup usually peaks around day 2 or 3. Last night was considerably better than the previous 3 (coughing only woke him 3x).
So, my question. Would you wait it out another day and keep trying the at-home treatments or just take him in? (agaaaaain). He isn't struggling to breathe, and has no wheezing/etc. going on.
My gut says to wait it out but I swear, this parenting stuff is hard! I want him to be better obviously, but I also don't want to pump him full of steroids if it'll get better on it's own like I've read.