June 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Also, I am bored at work.

Anyone have anything fun to talk about?  A lot of websites are blocked here so I can really only nest.

image image

Re: Also, I am bored at work.

• I am just sitting here burning up waiting for Zac to wake up from his nap so we can go down to the Opening Day festivities in Cincinnati.

I've got 800 layers on because it's like 35 outside.

I hope Zac loves baseball, we won't force it on him but it is his parents thing, so it'd be nice if it became the "family" thing.
    [IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i220/trickeytricky/463073_361060323935872_249254421783130_980011_919771394_o-1.jpg[/IMG]Cut the Crap: a weight loss blog
  • image trickeytricky:
    I am just sitting here burning up waiting for Zac to wake up from his nap so we can go down to the Opening Day festivities in Cincinnati.

I've got 800 layers on because it's like 35 outside.

I hope Zac loves baseball, we won't force it on him but it is his parents thing, so it'd be nice if it became the "family" thing.

I totally understand this-we are the same way about football at our alma mater-because it's Division I-AA, it's like being part of a family. We actually have stuff to do a football room in the team colors in storage... obviously if our child hates football, we are totally okay with that.  But we are hopeful that it becomes a family thing too. 

Either way, while kids are young, I think those events feel like "special treats" so even if they grow out of them or find other interests as teens, you'll have the memories.

image image
  • found this site today
    image Thanksgiving, 2011 Amanda & Joe, June 28, 2008 Blog of Randomness BFP 6/10/11; Missed m/c at 5wk6d; D&C 7/18/11, Triploidy BFP 11/24/11, please be our sticky baby pregnant
  • image Loveofjoe11:
    found this site today

Yay!  Not blocked either.  Thanks!

image image
  • I don't think I wash my sheets enough. I'm trying to figure out if nude sleeping changes the amount of times they need to be washed.

This is not fun or interesting. Just thoughts.

Happiest place on Earth!
  • image MrsJaay:

I don't think I wash my sheets enough. I'm trying to figure out if nude sleeping changes the amount of times they need to be washed.

a) How warm is your house that you can sleep nude? I would freeze.

b) I don't think we wash them often enough either-at least not when people talk about every week... that's a lot.  I try to be consistent with every 2 weeks, but not always.  Regardless, we shower in the mornings, so we wash away the dirt, right?

image image
  • image Casperdy:
    image MrsJaay:

I don't think I wash my sheets enough. I'm trying to figure out if nude sleeping changes the amount of times they need to be washed.

b) I don't think we wash them often enough either-at least not when people talk about every week... that's a lot.  I try to be consistent with every 2 weeks, but not always.  Regardless, we shower in the mornings, so we wash away the dirt, right?

This makes me feel better. I do every two weeks but then I see posts where everyone says they change every week or they change the pillowcases every night. I would never get anything done if I had to do all this jazz. Plus, I despise putting bedding back on the bed. It feels like I'm wrestling with a giraffe to get the corners stretched to all 4 sides.

Our upstairs is always warm and even in the winter I just snuggle under a comforter if I get cold. I don't think I could not sleep nude in the Summer.

Happiest place on Earth!
  • image MrsJaay:
    image Casperdy:
    image MrsJaay:

This makes me feel better. I do every two weeks but then I see posts where everyone says they change every week or they change the pillowcases every night. I would never get anything done if I had to do all this jazz. Plus, I despise putting bedding back on the bed. It feels like I'm wrestling with a giraffe to get the corners stretched to all 4 sides.

Our upstairs is always warm and even in the winter I just snuggle under a comforter if I get cold. I don't think I could not sleep nude in the Summer.

Seriously with the pillowcases?  People have too much time on their hands!  Haha.  Then again, I'm no germaphobe.

We have a TON of bath towels, so we've usually gone through enough of them that every two weeks I can do 2 loads of towels and 1 of sheets, so that's our normal routine.  We do change towels a lot though, because they don't dry well in our bathroom and I refuse to use a wet towel!

image image
  • image Casperdy:
    image MrsJaay:
    image Casperdy:
    image MrsJaay:

This makes me feel better. I do every two weeks but then I see posts where everyone says they change every week or they change the pillowcases every night. I would never get anything done if I had to do all this jazz. 

Seriously with the pillowcases?  People have too much time on their hands!  Haha.  Then again, I'm no germaphobe.

DH and I were told to do this by our (separate) doctors at least in the Spring because of allergies/pollen and its a huge PITA. So far I'm good at doing it every other day.

I wash my sheets every two weeks as well. 

More than putting sheets on the bed, I hate folding them. I usually just roll them into a ball and shove them into a basket in the closet ( so when I open the door no one can see my sheet folding failure). 

• image sunshine608:
    image Casperdy:
    image MrsJaay:
    image Casperdy:
    image MrsJaay:

This makes me feel better. I do every two weeks but then I see posts where everyone says they change every week or they change the pillowcases every night. I would never get anything done if I had to do all this jazz. 

DH and I were told to do this by our (separate) doctors at least in the Spring because of allergies/pollen and its a huge PITA. So far I'm good at doing it every other day.

More than putting sheets on the bed, I hate folding them. I usually just roll them into a ball and shove them into a basket in the closet ( so when I open the door no one can see my sheet folding failure). 

Allergies-that at least makes sense!  I'm thinking that people who just do that because it's "gross" to sleep on a pillowcase another night are a bit crazy.  Did you buy extra pillowcases or do you just wash them every 2 days?

image image
  • image Casperdy:
    image sunshine608:
    image Casperdy:
    image MrsJaay:
    image Casperdy:
    image MrsJaay:

Allergies-that at least makes sense!  I'm thinking that people who just do that because it's "gross" to sleep on a pillowcase another night are a bit crazy.  Did you buy extra pillowcases or do you just wash them every 2 days?

I just rotate through our "collection" . I'll probably be buying some more soon because of the wear on them. Most of the time they don't match the bed or each other but I guess that's the price you pay to be allergy free ( when Your'e too cheap to go buy new pillowcases).