Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Recipe for a yummy hot cocktail - spiked cider?

Any great warm cocktail ideas for Halloween?  I was going to just mix apple cider, a little bit of oj and brandy or captain morgan in pot and heat- unless anyone has any cooler ideas.
Jack was born on 5.10.10 at 29 weeks.
My little preemie is doing great and came home on his 7.22.10 due date!

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/b4t64j.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Recipe for a yummy hot cocktail - spiked cider?

• I love these as the weather gets colder!

Hot Apple Pie

Tuaca is an orange and vanilla flavored liqueur, that legend has it was invented by Lorenzo de Medici during the Italian Renaissance. The following recipe creates a warming drink that smells just like apple pie.

Ingredients:

• 1 oz. Tuaca (an orange-vanilla flavored liqueur)
    • 5-6 oz. warm apple cider
    • whipped cream
    • cinnamon
    • nutmeg
    • cinnamon sticks

Instructions:

Heat the apple cider. Pour into a coffee mug, adding Tuaca. Garnish with whipped cream, and sprinkle on cinnamon and nutmeg. Add a stick of cinnamon.

• Take a look at the November issue of More magazine - they have a bunch of fun cocktail recipes.  Here are two that I thought sounded great for fall

The Husband Keeper - Ingredients:  5 oz spiced rum, 2 oz light cream, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 4 tablespoons pumpkin spice rimming sugar and 2 cinnamon sticks.  Directions:  Combine rum, cream and vanilla extract in a shaker.  Shake for 1 minute.  Pour into glasses rimmed with the pumpkin spice sugar and garnish with cinnamon stick. 

The 40-year-old-virgin - Ingredients: 8 cups water, 1 cup sugar, 6 bags orange pekoe tea, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 cup apple cider, 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup cranberry juice, alcohol of choice.  Directions: Bring water and sugar to boil.  Turn off heat and add tea bags and cinnamon stick.  Let steep for 8 minutes.  Remove tea bags.  Add juices and alcohol.  Can be served warm or chilled. 

• we had our housewarming party last weekend and served mulled cider with cinnamon schnapps .. it went over really well!
  • what about putting butterschnapps in a mug and pouring in hot cider and garnishing with a cinnamon stick. I keep thinking that this would taste like a starbucks caramel apple cider. drool....