Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Recommend your hair straightener!

So, I am still using the same hair straightener from freshman year in college (7+ years!) and I don't think it is getting the job done. I am thinking about springing for a Chi but I want to know if they are worth the money. What do you use and about how much did it cost? TIA!

Re: Recommend your hair straightener!

• I have both a Chi straightener and blow dryer and love them both. Before the Chi I was using another mid-priced tool but now that I have a Chi I'll never go back! I think it was like $200 but well worth the money and I've had it for 4 years or so. :)
  • I love my Chi blowdryer (got it for Christmas from DH a couple of years ago) but haven't had the money to spring for a Chi straightener.  When we went on a cruise in December I used SIL's Chi for a week and I could definitely tell the difference between it and my cheap straightener.  If you can afford it, I would definitely get the Chi straightener.
  • I would go for the CHI.  I bought one about a year ago and I love it.  I kept going through cheapo straighteners that didn't work near as well. 
  • I have a CHI and I love it.  I don't use it much, but it works better than any other straightener I've owned.
  • OUKapOUKap member
    Eighth Anniversary

I have a Chi. I would like it if it worked. I got it as a Christmas gift and it has some issues. I need to return it and get a new one.

I have a Remington wet/dry one too and it is decent for the price but I only use it dry.

• I have a CHI straightener that I have had for about 5 years.  It is the only thing that can get my super curly hair straight.  It has been worth every penny for me!
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE my CHI! Go for it! I paid $80 on for it on eBay probably 2 years ago. I don't think you're "supposed" to keep them that long... but it still works great!?Also, my sister is a hairstylist and uses a CHI flat iron and blow dryer on all her clients. GL!

• I've used my Chi every single day for 3-4 years now.  If it breaks, I will cry.  Then I will go buy another.  It is definitely worth the extra $$.
  • Thanks for all of your feedback!! I just ordered a CHI on amazon.com and I got free shipping. I can't wait!