Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Toastmasters anyone?

Does anyone have any experience with Toastmaters International?  I'm interested to hear feedback! 

I'm a really outgoing person, but, like most people, I really do not enjoy public speaking.  So I thought this would be a fun way to step outside of my comfort zone and face it head on.  I checked out the website and it looks like there are a LOT of groups in OKC. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Toastmasters anyone?

• The lady my dad just bought a business from does Toastmasters.  All I know is that she really likes it and she goes every week or every few weeks I think.  And I made a banner for them a few years ago :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I don't know anything specific about any of the OKC chapters, but my friend is in one here and she enjoys it. She says it has really helped her public speaking and she actually gave a presentation to another club we are in together and she did an awesome job. I have thought about it myself, but I don't really know if I have the time since they meet every week.
  • they have on at my work and we get invites to join all the time. Most people who I've spoken with in the group have nothing but positive things to say, but I have no personal experience
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We have a group at work.  I am not a member, but have attended a couple of their meetings.  I think that joining toastmasters is a great idea for most people.  The people who are members of toastmasters have great things to say about the group as well.