Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

While I'm here...OBGYN recs?

Since I'm already popping over from the bump, I thought I would ask you ladies who you recommend for an OBGYN. I'm not planning on a second soon, but not ruling it out either, so I want someone who delivers. I'm not happy with my current doctor.

I prefer a female, and we're located more southside area. 

Re: While I'm here...OBGYN recs?

• I've never used her as an OB, but Dr. Robin Eisenhauer at Deaconess is a fantastic OB/GYN.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dr. Lashbrook at Women's Healthcare of Norman. I love her and the whole office. I think some other ladies here either see her or one of the other doctors in the office. You probably can't go wrong with any of them.

• I like Dr. Jarvis in North Norman, located across the street from the Healthplex! She is wonderful.
  • Mine is northside and is a male, so it doesn't fit any of your criteria. However, I really like him, I recently found out a friend used him and really liked him, and we ran into a wife of someone we know yesterday who was a nurse and said good things about him.
  • image natashia:
    I like Dr. Jarvis in North Norman, located across the street from the Healthplex! She is wonderful.
    Her partner, Dr. Porter, not so much.
  • image wendyld:
    image natashia:
    I like Dr. Jarvis in North Norman, located across the street from the Healthplex! She is wonderful.

Did you have a bad experience with him? I went to him for a couple of years and always liked his upfront manner and loved his nurses. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image llizzyb:

image wendyld:
    image natashia:

Did you have a bad experience with him? I went to him for a couple of years and always liked his upfront manner and loved his nurses. 

The nurses were nice, yes, but I didn't love his bedside manner.  He's pretty abrasive in my opinion.  

Also, I felt like he gave impossible advice (like lie down for my lunch break - the only place this could have been possible was in the bathroom, wear flip flops to work - I'm required to wear dress shoes/clohes) and scolded me for not being able to follow those.  Shaming a patient isn't exactly helpful or productive.