Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

FFFC's

It's time again, ladies.

Mine: The last several weeks, a woman at my school has been putting together the talent show. I've mentioned this here before. Well, it was yesterday and last night. I ran the backstage, made the programs, gave up my Web Design class for about three weeks, and was bossed around, and treated poorly (as were the students in the show). What thanks do I get? No verbal thanks to the audience, not for me, not for my students, not for the stage crew who were working their little freshmen butts off. My jazz band got the tiniest of billing (literally, the font was about 6 sizes smaller than everything else in the interior of the program...I made the outside) and trust me, they noticed and were not happy.

At the end of the show, the hostesses, who were reading a script the woman put together, thanked the woman for all her hard work putting all of it together. She wrote a script thanking herself, which was read while she sat in the audience and I ushered kids out for their final bow.

I am angry with myself for being such a doormat. I am angry that I allowed her to do this to me. I am angry that I wasn't able to walk away, but I saw kids being treated unprofessionally and I won't stand for that. I can only be grateful for the fact that she isn't a "real" employee at our school. 

Next year, I'm doing the talent show. It's decided in my head, at least.

[IMG]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff75/pltollison/raptor.jpg[/IMG]

Re: FFFC's

• I am heartbroken. Most of you probably know why. I cried while my husband was on the treadmill so he didn't see me (to add to the crying drama, I was taking a warm bath as well to comfort me).  Its business. I get that. I hate when women cry over business but.....it feels so personal.

I feel better today but still very sad.  Sad

• Also, for those of you that aren't friends with me on FB, I totally got banned from the Trip Advisor forums this week for calling someone a twatwaffle. This person is SUCH an a-hole to everyone that posts - for the past year I have wondered why he bothers to post at all.  Anyway, one girl (that I message with quite a bit) somewhat called him out on it and I ran with it and hit a homerun.  Four of us ended up getting banned for three days and my husband called me "embarrassing."

In all seriousness, I will never understand why it is okay for someone to be a twatwaffle but it is not okay to call that person out on it.  Like, really, the twatwaffle is NOT the victim, its the people that have to put up with his $hit!

• image stripesandspots:

I am heartbroken. Most of you probably know why. I cried while my husband was on the treadmill so he didn't see me (to add to the crying drama, I was taking a warm bath as well to comfort me).  Its business. I get that. I hate when women cry over business but.....it feels so personal.

I don't know what's going on, but big hugs to you.  I'm sorry you're dealing with something hard right now.  Left Hug

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • M would not sleep last night (actually early this morning). After getting up with her 3 times and nothing seemed wrong with her. I went back to bed and turned down the monitor. I could see the flashing lights if she was screaming, but I needed sleep in a bad way and 5:50 came way too early.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • stripes - If you're talking about what went down before the trade deadline yesterday...all I have to say is UGH. If not, hugs to you! I hope things get better! [and the twatwaffle thing made me laugh!]

I'm so tired of my kids not reading their e-mails. I sent out a color-coded, big bolded e-mail last week [and the week before] about advising, and a lot of my kids STILL didn't read it. Seriously? If I'm going to send you an e-mail, please read it! It's got valuable information in it! I'm so glad next week is the last week of advising.

So, I got a collections call earlier this week from a group trying to take care of two hospital bills. Apparently, I owed money for JJ's two surgeries but never received a bill or anything. Luckily, I was able to take care of it without it going on my credit report, but I was so mad. I NEVER received communication from the hospital [phone calls or anything], so getting the collections call floored me a little bit. I am totally never dealing with them again.

[url=http://charmedkindoflife.blogspot.com/].:.Charmed Kind of Life [2.17.13].:.[/url]
  • image BoyMom21:
    image stripesandspots:

I am heartbroken. Most of you probably know why. I cried while my husband was on the treadmill so he didn't see me (to add to the crying drama, I was taking a warm bath as well to comfort me).  Its business. I get that. I hate when women cry over business but.....it feels so personal.

I don't know what's going on, but big hugs to you.  I'm sorry you're dealing with something hard right now.  Left Hug

Boymom couldn't have said it better. :) 

ETA: removing my comment about the sports thing. I didn't mean to inadvertently minimize feelings. 

• I had a huge, long thing typed out (it was more of a rant/complaint than a confession), but I decided it was too long and boring. So to summarize it:

Going to school full time and working full time is HARD! The hardest part is trying to figure out my schedule each semester. Ugh, I'm super stressed...

Another confession: For my Cognition, Motivation, and Classroom Management Course we have to have 30 hours of teacher observation. Well I got my assigned school/teacher. I called him yesterday to set up my first visit. He didn't answer (he was probably in class) so I left him a voicemail. I started giving him my phone number so he could call me back and I completely forgot it!! Luckily, there was an option to delete the message so I did that. But I had to hang up and think for a couple minutes what my phone number is before I called back. I NEVER forget my phone number! I was just so nervous!

Side note: I am so nervous about this whole teacher observation thing! I don't know why, it doesn't really make sense to be nervous. Plus, DH had this teacher all through high school and said he's probably the best teacher he had at that school. I shouldn't be nervous, but I am! I'm a little intimidated by high schoolers. I've worked with them in church settings, but high schoolers in an actual high school? That's a whole new story! And I could probably pass as a high school kid, I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing in this particular situation...

Kaylee & Cole 06.14.08

8/6/11 First 5k! OG&E Expo Run 34:47
    9/3/11 Brookhaven Run 5k 34:18
    9/17/11 Healthy Sooners Fun Run 5k 33:38
    10/15/11 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 33:31
    10/29/11 Monster Dash 5k 32:06 PR!
    11/11/11 Veteran's Day Run 11k in Dallas 1:13:15 Instant PR!
    1/28/12 Texas Half Marathon 2:38:03 Instant PR!
    3/25/12 Earlywine Dash
  • I was kind of a jerk to the guy making my food at panera today. My food was ready and he called "Travis."

Me: What's the name?

Him: *looks again* Travis.

Me: *blank stare* Does the name have an "R" in it?

Him: *looks again* No.

Me: Is it TAVIA? Yeah, that's mine, thank you. 

((This was right after C was throwing a fit, knocked my drink out of my hand and it spilled all over the floor. I was a little on edge I guess.))

I'm normally super nice to customer service people, especially who work in the food business and I felt like a total b!tch when I left. I wanted to go back and apologize. lol.

ETA: After reading that it doesn't sound as b!tchy typed as it felt right after it was happening... hah.

• I'm upset that we owe quite a bit in taxes. This is our first whole year with real grown-up paychecks and I didn't realize it was possible to phase out of some deductions.

That said, that's not the FF part. What's flammable were this not FF is that I'm upset that I'm upset about owing taxes (to be fair, like a 2.5 out of 10 upset, not like an "Damn you! I hate Amerika!" kind of upset.) because I'm Ms. "All who can should pay in more to help support those who can't." I don't know if I imagined that I'd be thrilled to hand over additional money (wrapping it in a pretty raffia bow Weeds-Style) or what, but I do wish we had gotten money back for a fun house project. Just to be clear---I'm NOT upset enough to think I should owe less---I just estimated wrong with the phased out deductions, so I'm disappointed.

I guess it's quite literally time for me to put my money where my mouth is. Wink

• image amanjay:

I'm upset that we owe quite a bit in taxes. This is our first whole year with real grown-up paychecks and I didn't realize it was possible to phase out of some deductions.

We're in a similar situation this year too. I'm not upset about paying the taxes, I'm upset that we miscalculated and have to pay them in a lump sum instead of a little each week. Paying taxes is more palatable when I never had the money in my hands in the first place. It's hard to let go of money I already have.

image image