Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Political Unity Horse?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/22/georgia-anti-abortion-bill-would-require-investigations-of-miscarriages/

"Authorities would be required to investigate the cause of fetal death in cases where a miscarriage occurs without attendance at a medical facility."  

Surely we can all agree this is crazy, right?

Re: Political Unity Horse?

• Uh yeah. I don't understand how some of these ideas enter people's minds. Plus his picture on that website just gives me the willies.

ETA: I might use this as a way to weed out the crazy people on my FB.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Am I shocked that it is a MAN that has thought of this wonderful piece of legislation?  Um, no.  How embarrassing for him.
  • image stripesandspots:
    Am I shocked that it is a MAN that has thought of this wonderful piece of legislation?  Um, no.  How embarrassing for him.

ITA with the bolded. IMO I don't think any man should be making decisions about womens' reproductive rights.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • A fetal death certificate? Really?

That whole thing just irritated me. I can't believe this guy's serious.

[url=http://charmedkindoflife.blogspot.com/].:.Charmed Kind of Life [2.17.13].:.[/url]
  • image critti710:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/22/georgia-anti-abortion-bill-would-require-investigations-of-miscarriages/

"Authorities would be required to investigate the cause of fetal death in cases where a miscarriage occurs without attendance at a medical facility."  

Yes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image stripesandspots:
    Am I shocked that it is a MAN that has thought of this wonderful piece of legislation?  Um, no.  How embarrassing for him.

Yes

I swear that people just don't think any farther than the writing of the legislation. For example, if a woman has an early miscarriage (which can happen at home) does she need call the police? In interest of sensitivity, I won't say more about what/why/how the next steps might go, but damn! THINK!

• And this is totally how our justice system is supposed to work, right???

"Physicians indicted for alleged "prenatal murder" would have their license suspended until they were found innocent of the crime."

• image amanjay:

And this is totally how our justice system is supposed to work, right???

"Physicians indicted for alleged "prenatal murder" would have their license suspended until they were found innocent of the crime."

I know! I saw that and was like, "What? Really? What happened to 'Innocent Until Proven Guilty'?"

[url=http://charmedkindoflife.blogspot.com/].:.Charmed Kind of Life [2.17.13].:.[/url]
  • image llizzyb:
    image critti710:

Yes.

Double yes. 

• Who elects these clowns?

*Lankford had very limited political background, serving as a church camp director, and never really ran on any issue other than conservative, family values. Abortion seems to be his top priority, based on how many anti-abortion bills he has co-sponsored.

• When I first read this earlier today I had no words. I find myself at that same moment hours later.
    Vacation
  • image OUKap:

Who elects these clowns?

*Lankford had very limited political background, serving as a church camp director, and never really ran on any issue other than conservative, family values. Abortion seems to be his top priority, based on how many anti-abortion bills he has co-sponsored.

Kind of reminds me of the clowns that are elected in Oklahoma.  Given everything that is wrong in the world, I can't believe abortion is even an issue, honestly.  We are still in war, right? Shouldn't we be worried about that? And better pay for our teachers?  And hell, educating our youth?  And, I don't know, the damn budget deficit?

• image stripesandspots:
    image OUKap:

Who elects these clowns?

Kind of reminds me of the clowns that are elected in Oklahoma.  Given everything that is wrong in the world, I can't believe abortion is even an issue, honestly.  We are still in war, right? Shouldn't we be worried about that? And better pay for our teachers?  And hell, educating our youth?  And, I don't know, the damn budget deficit?

A million thumbs up to this!  It seems like a lot of these politicians run on economic issues, then as soon as they are elected (or re-elected), the focus goes right back to this "family values" type crap.  It seems like when election time rolls around, some voters are only listening to what candidates say and forgetting what they actually *do* when the legislature is in session (Exhibit A: Sally Kern).

• image critti710:
    image stripesandspots:
    image OUKap:

Who elects these clowns?

A million thumbs up to this!  It seems like a lot of these politicians run on economic issues, then as soon as they are elected (or re-elected), the focus goes right back to this "family values" type crap.  It seems like when election time rolls around, some voters are only listening to what candidates say and forgetting what they actually *do* when the legislature is in session (Exhibit A: Sally Kern).

http://whenarethejobs.com/ 

Cracks me up. And makes me very, very sad.

• image oklagirl:
    image critti710:
    image stripesandspots:
    image OUKap:

Who elects these clowns?

http://whenarethejobs.com/ 

Cracks me up. And makes me very, very sad.

I don't think some people understand that having high unemployment and sucky economy is creating the budget issues in the state and federal governments. People with jobs spend money, which creates more jobs. People with jobs pay taxes. Companies doing well pay taxes. Aggressive budget cuts will only stall economic progress or send it backsliding.

"If some of those jobs are lost so be it. We're broke." 

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2011/02/16/boehner-caught-lying-about-federal-job-numbers/