Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Think Thin Crunch Bars=evil

I love the Think Thin Crunch bars (minus the chocolate coating)!  They are the perfect blend of protein (10 g) and fiber (4 g) and calories (150)!  However, today I spotted the Think Thin Crunch bar w/ a chocolate dipped bottom and just had to have it to satisy my sweet tooth.  Well, within 45 minutes of eating this delicious thing I was in pain.  I mean horrible doubled over pain.  I had to leave work and thank god I made it home in time.  I checked the label and read the ingredients closely......malitol (a sugar alcohol).  After a quick google search for what the he!! that painful causing ingredient is I'm vowing to never eat anything with Malitol in it ever again. 

Is anyone else this sensitive to sugar alcohols?

Re: Think Thin Crunch Bars=evil

• Yes!  I always check labels for Malitol, once I had an experience similar to the one you're describing.

Hope you're feeling better!

• image GuavaGal:

Yes!  I always check labels for Malitol, once I had an experience similar to the one you're describing.

Hope you're feeling better!

I had one trip to the bathroom and am now fine....stil feeling bloated and gassy, but okay.  I will never eat Malitol on purpose ever again. 

• I had a similar reaction after trying my first diet Dr Pepper (plus a migraine). Turns out I'm allergic/intolerant of aspartame, the sugar substitute. Great excuse for never having to drink diet!
    We have so much time, and so little to do! Strike that, reverse it.
    My Bio (wedding pics added 7/6)
    My 101
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yeah, that stuff is in a lot of sugar-free candies. I got some sugar-free jolly ranchers to keep myself away from the real candy bowl at work, which is refilled every day with fun size candy bars. So I have a few jolly ranchers around lunch time...and the rest of the afternoon was pretty unpleasant. Never again!