Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Incorrect mailing address?

Today we receive a letter from Travis county that was made out to a person that we've never received wrong mail for.  Typically, when we get this kind of mail we just through it away.  But this time, it was from the county.  Which kind of worried me.  I know it's illegal to open another person's mail, but I did for this instance because it came from the county.  Turns out it's a jury summons. 

So I'm thinking one, sucks to be that person, because they're never going to get their summons.  But two, how in the WORLD does a jury summons get sent to the wrong address for the wrong resident?  Aren't jury summons based off of license renewals?  Doesn't that then mean some unknown person used OUR address when they got a license? AND don't you have to review your information *before* you sign off for your new license.  Therefore there shouldn't be any mistakes...

What do I about that?  I mean, I illegally opened another person's mail.  But now someone might be roaming around saying that they live at our house!  Do I call the county and fess up to opening the letter so that I can say that they have some information wrong somewhere?  Or do I just leave it and hope that it was somehow a computer mistake?

IMG_1749_2

Re: Incorrect mailing address?

• You could probably call and say you weren't paying attention and accidentally opened it thinking it was yours and then realized it was someone else's.  That's probably what I would do, but otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.  I don't think I would assume someone used your address, I'd be more apt to think it is one of your neighbors and the number is just slightly off and is a typo on the county's behalf.
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • I would just seal the envoy back up with tape, write "Not Here" on the front and put it in the mail to he returned.
  • I usually write "wrong address" when we get something in the mail for someone else (ex. previous owners). That usually helps!
    Business Cat. image
  • I usually write "wrong address" and return to sender when we get something in the mail for someone else (ex. previous owners). That usually helps!
    Business Cat. image