North Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

T&P Needed - Job related

I lost my job today. They gave me four weeks notice, and because I wasn't paid under the table, I should qualify for unemployment.

This is the worst possible time that this could have happened. If it were just Paul and I, it wouldn't be as big a deal. We can tighten our belts and make do on less if we have to, but with the baby coming and medical bills and everything else...Suffice to say that I'm worried. 

Please pray (or send good thoughts) that I can find something that will keep our bills paid.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photo Credit: www.westhousephotography.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: T&P Needed - Job related

• Oh no Rai! I'm so sorry. That's terrible. I'm sure you guys will figure out how to get by, but I definitely understand your concern. Sending thoughts your way, and I'll be sure to keep an ear out for any opportunities. Do you prefer to stay in childcare or is there another area that you're interested in/qualified for?
    image Daisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary
  • Oh no Rai!  I am so sorry to hear that you lost your job.  I will be keeping you guys in my prayers that you will be able to find another job quickly!!
    Cheese!

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/sfw21f.jpg[/IMG]
  • image luckyinlove11902:
    Oh no Rai! I'm so sorry. That's terrible. I'm sure you guys will figure out how to get by, but I definitely understand your concern. Sending thoughts your way, and I'll be sure to keep an ear out for any opportunities. Do you prefer to stay in childcare or is there another area that you're interested in/qualified for?

You are so so sweet. I very nearly burst into tears when I read your response.

I would prefer to stay in childcare. I love it and it pays the bills, so if you hear anything, definitely let me know. Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photo Credit: www.westhousephotography.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Rai I am so sorry! I will keep you in my T&P's.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry, Rai! I'll keep you in my thoughts. I know you'll find something soon.
    Blog

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsjeLIN/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wsjeLIN/weight.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • Oh no Rai! I can imagine how stressed this must make you. Will be praying that you find something before the 4 weeks is up.
    Honeymooning image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my gosh.  I am so sorry.  I'll be keeping you guys in mind.
  • Oh no, Rai. I know you will find something soon, but I am definitely thinking about you guys. If I hear of anything I will let you know. ((hugs))
  • Oh Rai, I'm so so sorry to hear that.  I'll be thinking of you guys.

I read this earlier at work and I was thinking if I had kids and was looking for a nanny, I'd maybe put something on craigslist.  And I'm legit, you know?  Maybe there are some legitimate jobs listed there that would pan out.

• image Mrs_Link:

image luckyinlove11902:
    Oh no Rai! I'm so sorry. That's terrible. I'm sure you guys will figure out how to get by, but I definitely understand your concern. Sending thoughts your way, and I'll be sure to keep an ear out for any opportunities. Do you prefer to stay in childcare or is there another area that you're interested in/qualified for?

You are so so sweet. I very nearly burst into tears when I read your response.

I would prefer to stay in childcare. I love it and it pays the bills, so if you hear anything, definitely let me know. Smile

Aww. Left HugRight Hug

No promises that I'll hear of anything but if I do you'll be the first to know!

image Daisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary
  • I'm so sorry Rai. I know another door will open for you. I'll second LB about CL. I found all three of my previous nanny jobs on there.
  • I looked on CL  for nanny jobs after I posted that and there are definitely a few legit-sounding jobs!  You have tons of experience and references too I'm sure.  Couldn't hurt.
  • Thinking about you, Rai!  Hopefully you find something quick.
  • I'm so sorry, Rai! You will definitely be in my T&P! Would you consider watching children from home? And I agree with the CL jobs, seems like many are legit.
    Love 9.3.03 Marriage 12.1.07 Baby Carriage 8.3.11
  • So sorry girl!  You are definitely in my T and P!  It seems like things often happen when we 1) least expect them and 2) when they are hardest to handle.  Something will come up to help, I know it.....keep us updated.  Stress during pregnancy is a B*#T^&!

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2lw6i43.jpg[/IMG]
  • Seriously, you guys are possibly the best people ever. I appreciate your support so much.

image ashleemw:
    I'm so sorry, Rai! You will definitely be in my T&P! Would you consider watching children from home? And I agree with the CL jobs, seems like many are legit.

I would love to watch children from home. That was actually something I was going to try and talk my current employers into, for after Baby Link gets here. I was already planning on getting liscenced for home care through the state, so I'm going to go ahead with that.

• Right now we're looking at using our church's daycare, but when you get the details figured out, I'd definitely be interested so keep me in mind for sure.
    Love 9.3.03 Marriage 12.1.07 Baby Carriage 8.3.11
  • Of all the things you've put up with from your employers and this is when they let you go... classic. I'm so sorry, Rai, and I'll send you all my job-finding juju :) Please let me know if I can help.
  • Rai, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I hope everything will work out. DH and I are discussing the possibilities of hiring a nanny or using at home child care in April. If the at home thing works out for you, I'm definitely keeping you in mind!
    [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/20h0dpe.jpg[/IMG]
  • Oh Rai, I'm so sorry to hear this! Ditto the CL suggestions, and I'll keep my eyes/ears peeled for you.  *hugs*
    "You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you." - Dale Carnegie
  • You should start a nestie in-home daycare.  #halfkidding
  • image Lucille Bluth:
    You should start a nestie in-home daycare.  #halfkidding

Yes

If you do, can I get on the list for when I eventually reproduce?

• image DevonStiles:

image Lucille Bluth:

Yes

I would love this. Although I don't think Rai lives anywhere near me.

• so sorry to hear this, rai. i hope you find something, and hopefully an even better opportunity given all the great ideas in this thread, very soon.
  • image jacmdb:
    image DevonStiles:

image Lucille Bluth:

Yes

I would love this. Although I don't think Rai lives anywhere near me.

If my home were more than 1200 square feet, you better believe I would be standing in my doorway yelling "Bring me your nestie babies!!". As it is, I'm thinking that I'm going to try and get one family who wants to bring their little one to me. Maybe two. We'll see.

But let me say that you guys confidence in me is such a morale booster right now. You ladies are truly wonderful.

• I'm so sorry, Rai, that totally stinks.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find something soon!

FWIW, we found both of our nanny's on craigslist.  They didn't work out in the end because it was too hard on me having to count on one person (anytime they were sick or needed time off, I had to take off), but I did find that it was a good resource.  We plan to hire another nanny for a few months when we have #2 (so that s/he doesn't have to go do daycare at 3 months), but thats a little ways off :(

image image
    imageimage