North Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

QOTD (Friday - Happy NYE!)

How do you feel about strip clubs?  Do you go?  Are you okay if H goes?

And as a s/o, how do you feel about places like Hooters?

Re: QOTD (Friday - Happy NYE!)

• Strip clubs don't really bother me all that much. I've been when I was younger but don't really have any urge to go in the future. I've actually probably been more than H. He's been invited with friends in the past but usually just lets them assume that I don't want him to go when it's really that it makes him uncomfortable. It's just not his thing. I don't mind at all.

As for Hooters, H worked there in the kitchen for 2 years when he was 19-21. In general, I don't have a problem with it but it's because I was exposed to it for so long I guess. Yeah, a lot of the girls he worked with got boob jobs, but they definitely weren't any trashier/sluttier than any of the other girls he's worked in restaurants with. He's been propositioned (and by propositioned, I mean blunt offers) at every restaurant he's worked at. After seeing how much money the girls there make I can see the appeal.

image Daisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary
  • I've never been to either, not b/c I'm morally opposed or anything, I've just never had the opportunity.

I'm not sure if H has ever been to a strip club, I don't know how I would feel about him going. I trust him 110% so I guess I would be okay if it was a bachelor party or something. I wouldn't want him just hanging out there. As for Hooters, I've heard their wings are great so I wouldn't mind going. H doesn't like wings so he says he has no desire to go.
    Blog

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsjeLIN/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wsjeLIN/weight.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • Not a fan.  At all.  I went to one once during college and without sounding completely cliche, it was horribly depressing and I just felt sorry for the girls there. 

I'm okay if H goes for bachelor parties if it's in the plans, but if he were just going on random Saturday nights with friends we would need to have a for real serious come to jesus meeting.

I kind of feel the same about Hooters (and any other restaurant that only hires skinny, big busted ladies and requires they wear little clothing).  If someone else suggests we go there or H's friends suggest meeting there for dinner, I'm not going to put up a big fuss and insist we go somewhere else although it will make me uncomfortable to be there.  If H suggested we go to Hooters for dinner?  Or if he suggested to his friends that they go there for beers?  Again, come to jesus meeting.

Sorry to be the total prude here.

• I've been to the strip club a handful of times in my younger, wilder days. H and I really have no desire to go now, mainly because it's a huge waste of money.

Hooters doesn't bother me at all.  My dad and I used to go there every weekend since I was little. He's not some pervert or anything, we just liked the wings.

• image Lucille Bluth:

Not a fan.  At all.  I went to one once during college and without sounding completely cliche, it was horribly depressing and I just felt sorry for the girls there. 

I'm okay if H goes for bachelor parties if it's in the plans, but if he were just going on random Saturday nights with friends we would need to have a for real serious come to jesus meeting.

I kind of feel the same about Hooters (and any other restaurant that only hires skinny, big busted ladies and requires they where little clothing).  If someone else suggests we go there or H's friends suggest meeting there for dinner, I'm not going to put up a big fuss and insist we go somewhere else although it will make me uncomfortable to be there.  If H suggested we go to Hooters for dinner?  Or if he suggested to his friends that they go there for beers?  Again, come to jesus meeting.

I don't think you're a prude. I could possibly feel the same way after venturing into one of those places. I did feel bad for the Hooters girls on Undercover Boss.
    Blog

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsjeLIN/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wsjeLIN/weight.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • image jodippls:
    I don't think you're a prude. I could possibly feel the same way after venturing into one of those places. I did feel bad for the Hooters girls on Undercover Boss.

I was thinking of that when I typed my response.  That certainly didn't help change my views of Hooters and the like.  That's exactly how I imagined management treating them.  And the owner/president/CEO/whatever was a total chauvinist d!ck.

ETA:  Also excuse my HORRIBLE grammar mix up in my previous rant.  Where =/= wear.  Ugh.

• image Lucille Bluth:

image jodippls:

I was thinking of that when I typed my response.  That certainly didn't help change my views of Hooters and the like.  That's exactly how I imagined management treating them.  And the owner/president/CEO/whatever was a total chauvinist d!ck.

ETA:  Also excuse my HORRIBLE grammar mix up in my previous rant.  Where =/= wear.  Ugh.

I don't think you're a prude either. The way the girls are treated is definitely crappy, but they're grown-ups and they make the choice. A lot of the girls who work there LOVE the lifestyle that tends to come along with it. I will say, we haven't been back since maybe a year after H worked there. I don't have any urge to go.

image Daisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary
  • I have been to a few strip clubs in college usually after we had been drinking. I really don't have an opinion either way. H is cheap and would never go up to the stage and tip the girls so it is not really his thing.

We went a few years ago with a friend who was getting married soon and the next day I had a charge from GC Steakhouse that I could not figure out where it came from. I finally realized it was the Gold Club. I think this is shady. How many wives think there husbands are at a steakhouse but it is really a strip club. 

I don't like the food at Hooters. I think their wings are awful.  

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Lucille Bluth:

Not a fan.  At all.  I went to one once during college and without sounding completely cliche, it was horribly depressing and I just felt sorry for the girls there. 

I kind of feel the same about Hooters (and any other restaurant that only hires skinny, big busted ladies and requires they wear little clothing).  If someone else suggests we go there or H's friends suggest meeting there for dinner, I'm not going to put up a big fuss and insist we go somewhere else although it will make me uncomfortable to be there.  If H suggested we go to Hooters for dinner?  Or if he suggested to his friends that they go there for beers?  Again, come to jesus meeting.

I feel the same way. Plus, strip clubs are just nasty and dirty. I can't handle places like that. I recently went to a sports bar type place for lunch and it was like a trashier version of Hooters. The food was good, but I won't be visiting again.
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • IMO, they're both low class, and I'm glad that the bachelor parties DH has been to involve rock concerts, limousines, and expensive liquor tastings.

I, for one, don't understand the phenomenon of needing to celebrate your committment to another person by nearly or actually cheating on them with a perfect stranger, especially if you're not given to that kind of behavior regularly. I guess if you were, that would make sense, but not for just a regular guy.

• I've never been to a strip club. I don't have anything against them, I just wouldn't feel comfortable going. I'm totally fine with DH going. He's only been 3 times in the entire time we've been together.

No problem with Hooters either, except for the food kinda sucking. We used to go there for trivia night with DH's co-workers. The host would have some of the girls read the questions and as expected, they were all not so smart. One read the word christened as christianed and got angry and defensive when people corrected her.

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/20h0dpe.jpg[/IMG]
  • I've never been to a strip club.  The wife of a good friend of mine used to (still?) work at one and he was very proud of her.

DH has gone to them for bachelor parties and such and he says that they are overrated.

Regarding Hooters, I don't mind going there.  They have good curly French fries :)  DH and I tend to laugh at the ignorance of some of the servers.

Mungee and Me
    How is it that my BABY is going to be 3?

BFP-2/25/11; 8 Wk U/S-3/25/11-No HB, measured 6.5 wks; D&C
  • I've never been to a strip club, no reason really, just never had a desire to go.  I don't care if DH goes, it's not really his thing though.  He'll go with his friends if they are out and all decide to go, but the last time they did that was like 4 years ago.

I don't mind Hooters either, though I'm not really a fan of their food.

image image
    imageimage