North Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

**LB**

Are you definitely picking up the pups today? If so, good luck! Pics are a must!
image Daisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary

Re: **LB**

• Yes, they're being flown in to Craig field and THANK GOD for jenhapz who is off today too and helping me wrangle them. 

We're going to pick up some collars and leashes and supplies in just a little bit then heading to the airport.   I'm TERRIFIED of what I've gotten myself into...

• I wish I had the time and space to do something like that. You ladies rock. How long will you have them?
    Blog

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsjeLIN/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wsjeLIN/weight.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • We're not sure.  They're young and purebred, so they'll get adopted quickly.  We just have to work out the spay and vet check before they can be adopted.

I feel so out of my element.  I know nothing about how rescues work.  I hope brittjoy doesn't mind constant pages/emails while we have these girls.  :)

• The kind of fun (but sad too) news is we don't think they have names.  They were dumped at a shelter by a breeder and we're not sure if they came with paperwork that has names.  If not, we get to pick names temporarily which is fun.  We're thinking Ethel and Pearl. 
  • I'm sure you'll do just fine. It will be chaotic at first but you'll adjust. Glad Jen is around to help you out.
  • Poor puppies. That makes me so sad. I love your classic name choices, LB.
    Blog

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsjeLIN/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wsjeLIN/weight.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • image Lucille Bluth:
    We're thinking Ethel and Pearl. 

Love these names! I think it is great you are getting involved in fostering. I have thought about it but now with a baby on the way I don't think it will work. I would love to volunteer for a local rescue though.  

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay, so cool! I'm not going to lie to you, going from 2 to 4 will be overwhelming. But puppies keep each other occupied and you can totally handle it. Plus like you said, they will more than likely get adopted pretty fast. Page/email me if you have questions, you know I love to talk dog!
  • awww, you're going to have so much fun with them (and maybe go a little crazy!) you are a wonderful person for fostering them :) 
    Love 9.3.03 Marriage 12.1.07 Baby Carriage 8.3.11
  • image brittjoy84:
    Yay, so cool! I'm not going to lie to you, going from 2 to 4 will be overwhelming. But puppies keep each other occupied and you can totally handle it. Plus like you said, they will more than likely get adopted pretty fast. Page/email me if you have questions, you know I love to talk dog!
    This is so true. 2 to 4 will be crazy at first, but then you'll get into a groove. It was so crazy for us because you just get used to having a lot of dogs in the house. At first 3 was crazy to me and then all of the sudden we had our 3 and 3 fosters and it was no big deal. It's addictive, you're going to love it! I'm here for help too, you've got a bunch of well seasoned dog lovers and foster moms here! Smile
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Okay, so we got them without a hitch and everyone is here!  Annnd it's crazy.  We brought them home and they all met out in the front yard then we went on a short walk.  Everyone got used to the backyard after that and then we've been inside since.  

One of them (Pearl) has two very cloudy eyes and we think she might have trouble seeing because she keeps bonking her head on things.  She's also either very scared or very not housetrained and maybe both.

The other one (Ethel) is the sweetest dog ever and has been asleep in a dog bed basically since we got home.  Her eyes don't seem to have anything wrong with them, but her ear has a giant scratch on it that looks like it was pretty bad at one point in time. 

ETA:  Here's sweet, sleepy Ethel.

Both of them are a little hesitant around the boys and there's been some warning growling, but nothing aggressive yet.  I put the girls in the back empty sunroom a minute ago so that they (*cough* I *cough*) could take a breather.  They didn't come with crates, but Jen is borrowing an x-pen to keep them in until the crates from the rescue get here next week.

This is insane.  Pictures on FB.

• A few more pictures I took with my real camera instead of phone.

Ethel

Pearl

• Ohhh, Pearl.

I wish Clancy was the one with vision problems... then I could just sneak her in and he might never find out.

You'll be an awesome foster mom! And everybody is clueless at some point. :)

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you." - Dale Carnegie
  • They've been like this the past hour:

• image Lucille Bluth:

They've been like this the past hour:

I think my heart just melted. They are too cute. Congrats on being a new foster mom!

• They are so cute and look so sweet curled up together like that! You will be a great foster mom. Lanerbell is right, it's addictive and you just get used to the volume of dogs. Giving yourself, I mean the dogs, a time out is perfectly fine.
  • awwww soooo cute!!! they are adorable! 
    Love 9.3.03 Marriage 12.1.07 Baby Carriage 8.3.11
  • image Lucille Bluth:

They've been like this the past hour:

LOVE!!! They are so cute!

Cheese!

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/sfw21f.jpg[/IMG]