Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

PediPaws?

Does anyone have one? What do you think of them?

image image

Re: PediPaws?

• Yes, I've only used it a few times so far. Really... 6 to one, half a dozen to the other between that and clippers. I use it on my cats, and since it files, the nails don't split or flake, really. However, I think it's just as much of a PITA as using nail clippers and my cats think the same thing. No easier, but no harder. It's not like they're going to be any more calm with a whirring nail file than they are with clippers. 
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I think they lack power honestly.  I have a dremmel platinum cordless that was about $60 and is far better.  Alot of people like the guard the pedipaws has and I believe they now make that guard for the dremmel.  I will never clip again, only grind nails.  It gives a closer trim and better shaping to not leave sharp edges.
  • image jump*tunnel*climb*weave:
    I think they lack power honestly.  I have a dremmel platinum cordless that was about $60 and is far better.  Alot of people like the guard the pedipaws has and I believe they now make that guard for the dremmel.  I will never clip again, only grind nails.  It gives a closer trim and better shaping to not leave sharp edges.

Where did you get your dremmel at? I am so tired of Bueller's paws being so rough after we clip them. My worry about the PediPaws was lack of power.

image image
  • I looked at them but preferred the power of a regular cordless dremel (I have this one; you can get them lots of places online or stores like Lowes).  Like jump said, I really like how the nails are smooth and I feel like I can get them much shorter.
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • image KatelynS07:

image jump*tunnel*climb*weave:
    I think they lack power honestly.  I have a dremmel platinum cordless that was about $60 and is far better.  Alot of people like the guard the pedipaws has and I believe they now make that guard for the dremmel.  I will never clip again, only grind nails.  It gives a closer trim and better shaping to not leave sharp edges.

Where did you get your dremmel at? I am so tired of Bueller's paws being so rough after we clip them. My worry about the PediPaws was lack of power.

Mine came from Lowes, but you should be able to find them at any home improvment or hardware store.