Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

So who's here tonight?

2»

Re: So who's here tonight?

• Im here.  Jealous of y'alls alcohol and watching House Hunters.  I just took an our long jacuzzi bath and now Im ready to crash.  
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • image Falada45:
    image Jeff & Em:

image Falada45:
    I'm in and out. DH made corn chowder for dinner and now we are both on our laptops. The same as any other night. We sure know how to ring in the new year. Woohoo!

Recipe?  I'm a sucker for Campbell's Chicken Corn Chowder, but haven't ever found anything close to it and haven't bothered making a plain corn chowder recipe.

It's just a plain corn chowder recipe. Two cans of creamed corn, a can of evaporated milk, regular milk, onions, and bacon. I'm not really sure of the amounts since DH is the one that makes it all the time. I think it is okay but he would eat it every weekend if I'd let him. LOL.

It's a starting point, though!  : )  Does your DH do most of the cooking?  Jeff is the chef around here, which I am totally cool with.  

• image Jeff & Em:

It's a starting point, though!  : )  Does your DH do most of the cooking?  Jeff is the chef around here, which I am totally cool with.  

Unfortunately not. I do most of the cooking. DH knows how to make a few things so I usually try to get him to handle dinner at least one night a week to give me a reprieve. I also go on strike occasionally and make us eat sandwiches or salads. I don't really enjoy cooking but I'm the one who makes the meal plans and shopping list since DH would spend a thousand dollars a month if I let him buy groceries.

image image
    image image
  • image Falada45:
    image Jeff & Em:

Unfortunately not. I do most of the cooking. DH knows how to make a few things so I usually try to get him to handle dinner at least one night a week to give me a reprieve. I also go on strike occasionally and make us eat sandwiches or salads. I don't really enjoy cooking but I'm the one who makes the meal plans and shopping list since DH would spend a thousand dollars a month if I let him buy groceries.

Bummer.  I think Jeff and I can cook equally well, but he really enjoys cooking and prefers to cook because he's a picky eater.  That way he can control what he's eating.  So, I pretty much sous chef while he chefs.  I do think that we could cut down on our grocery budget if I did the cooking, though.  Everytime I bring up cutting it back, Jeff says he's happy with the quality of the food we're eating and with spending the money we do.  We can afford it, fortunately, and it allows us to support our small local chain and growers so I always end up backing down.  : )

• I'm here. DH is asleep (Snoring very loudly) and I am flipping between King of the Hill, Deadliest Catch and Roseanne. I bought champaign but it looks like it won't get opened unless I'm going to toast myself. Guess I'll smooch the dogs at midnight.
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
    imageimage
  • image MrsLynch0516:
    Guess I'll smooch the dogs at midnight.

Nandi is open for kissing you at midnight!  She's scared of the monstas and the bunny we're watching, and doesn't want my or Jeff's cooties.  : )

• image Jeff & Em:

image MrsLynch0516:
    Guess I'll smooch the dogs at midnight.

Nandi is open for kissing you at midnight!  She's scared of the monstas and the bunny we're watching, and doesn't want my or Jeff's cooties.  : )

Awe. Cute cute! Smooches to Nandi!!
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
    imageimage
  • I am up & puking. I am hoping I will be able to get back to sleep soon so I can have some relief!
    imageimage
    You will forever be my best friend. I can almost feel our hugs. I will ensure everyone will know (now and in the future) what a genuine, kind, loving person you were...I already miss your laughter and our daily conversations. I love you, Samantha. May 20, 1983- February 20, 2012
  • I am just getting here after a long night of work. Curled up in my flannel pj's and will probobly be in bed before midnight.