Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anxiety/ trembling question- dog behavior question

I have a rescued Wheaten terrier who is around 4 years old. In the last 6 months or so, she has started having random trembling episodes.

For the most part I have been able to attribute it so something (like the smoke alarm going off when the oven smokes to much), but I cant always figure out what set it off. 

They last anywhere from 20-60 minutes-ish. During that time, she wants to sit next to me or my DH, and is not interested in eating.

I used to frequent the board enough back in the day, so I know that petting or cuddling could reinforce the behavior, so I try to limit this. (Although to be fair, its really hard to not want to cuddle)

I will bring this up to my vet, but wanted to see if there was anything you all could come up with.

-I wonder why this has only happened recently. No new life changes. We feed Orijen fish dry kibble. 

-My google searching came up with Addisons, although trembling is the only concern.

-I do have an old DAP plug in I could refill and try. We had it from when we first brought her home and she was a mess.

I would appreciate any ideas ladies, thanks! 

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Anxiety/ trembling question- dog behavior question

• I wonder if it could be from E being more mobile now?
    A big old middle finger to you, stupid Nest.
  • Can you jot down some notes about what was going on when the episode began? It could be something that seems silly - a dog in our rescue would freak out every evening at the same time because the sound of pots and pans used for dinner scared him.
  • I agree with pixy.  Or could it be an excited trembling?  Nandi vibrates when she gets really excited.  Like when she sees squirrels out on our deck, we go for a car ride and she sees another dog, or our friends drop off their bunny. 
  • I don't think it has to do with my LO being more active. She hardly pays him any attention, and is great with him otherwise. Perhaps the gas oven, pots and pans, or fireplace though.

Good advice to write down what is happening when it happens. I think I will do that to see if I can figure out any similarities.

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers