Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

keratin hair treatment vs Brazilian blowout

Hi ladies,

Two acquaintances of mine recently got the keratin hair treatments and oh my god does their hair look amazing. I am so envious!

I asked them how it was different from the BB, and got the idea that keratin was natural and didn't have the formaldehyde in it.  But, upon more research online, it looks like they're basically the same.

Can you give me the scoop?  Have you had a keratin treatment?  Do you love it?

Thank you!

Lynne 

Re: keratin hair treatment vs Brazilian blowout

• Yes, back in July I had the Coppola Keratin Treatment, and my hair looked great for about 6 weeks.  After that, it was steadily back to normal.  Given the price I paid (around $400) and the potential risks (there are varying reports about formaldyhyde and/or its deriatives in some of these) I will not do this again.  It is back to a round brush, blow dryer and flat iron for me.
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks due to vasa previa.   Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
  • I did the BB right after T-giving and I didn't notice a huge difference - I still have to blow out my hair and finish off with a straightener.  I think I'm going to try the Keratin the next go-around.
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/2vwwz9d.jpg[/IMG]
  • My SIL recently had one of those keratin treatments done, and it's causing her hair to thin and fall out (apparently it's happening to some of her friends as well).  Beware. 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimage Pregnancy Ticker