North Florida Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

SAINT AUGUSTINE HOTELS under 100/night!!!!! Help!

DH and I are going to a wedding in St. Augustine from January 7-9. We CANNOT find ANY B&B under 150.00/night, so we scratched that one!

Are there any decent hotels for under 100/night? I found a couple, but some look like they are in a bad area. We want to stay downtown (or within a couple minute drive). The wedding is at the Bacsillica (sp) and the reception is at the Casa Monica. We cannot by any means afford the CM-it is 2250/night that weekend and the block is not at a discount!

TIA-any advice/suggestions are appreciated!

Re: SAINT AUGUSTINE HOTELS under 100/night!!!!! Help!

• We got married in St. Aug that time of year and I remember when we were looking at hotels, pretty much all of them near downtown are pricier (you pay extra for the convenient location I guess).  I know you don't want to be that far away, but you might be able to find a better deal if you look more towards the beach or something. 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimage Pregnancy Ticker
  • Who waits til a week before a trip to make plans? Im sorry Im no help. The closest thing I would suggest (and know of) is the Hampton Inn on Vilano beach. Super close (right over A1A North Bridge). But i think its more in the $130 - $150 range.
    Me and Matt Dec 2010
  • Thanks! Booked Comfort Suites in downtown for 100/night-was able to talk the mangr downt to a AAA discount-eventhough we don't have AAA!

PP-we waited til now bc there are some "last minute rates" at certain B&Bs but they were still out of our range.

The Hampton Inn Vilano Beach was a good price-but since we found the CS downtown we booked that one!