Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Build-Up on the underside of my hair

I have really thick long hair- it's not oily at all, actually more on the dry side. On the underside of my hair, it gets greasy looking. I use the shampoo and conditioner my stylist recommends by Kerastase.

Any suggestions on how to remove this mess? It happens more in the winter than summer and just feels gross.

I have tried baking soda and that doesn't seem to work. TIA

Re: Build-Up on the underside of my hair

• I had this problem about a month ago, except it was all around my part.  I didn't use any product for about a week.  I also bought Tresseme's (sp?) clarifying shampoo and now use it about once a week.  I haven't had any issues since then, HTH!
    35 books read in 2011
  • I get this once in a while, and I think it's when I rush in the shower and don't wash my hair well enough or rinse everything out properly. But I have really oily hair, though I don't use any products.

But I second the clarifying shampoo --  this should take care of it!

74 books read in 2011
  • I agree with PPs.  I would also invest in a dry shampoo.  I've found that it really helps when my hair is looking a little less than perfect.

...hello out there!
    image image
    dx with anovulatory PCOS 2005
    off bcp 11/11
    a few rounds of clomid and femara... no response.
    injectables/IUI 12/12... BFN
    Feb 13 IVF cycle converted down to IUI due to low follicle response... BFFN
    one last IVF attempt April/May 2013: 19 retrieved. 10 fertilized. 2 transferred in a 3dt. 4 frosties... BFP!!
    EDD: 1/21/14... Induced early at 36+6. Our LO was born 12/30/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Try rinsing with vinegar a couple of times a week.  It sounds weird, but it works.  Your hair won't stink after it dries.
    "If I'm goin' down, I'm goin' down loud." -John Evans Tweet me