May 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Adam Update Update

WTF.. my husband is an idiot.  He walked out of the doctor's office.  The doctor tried to put him on more pills and he's tired of doctors trying to shove all these different medications down his throat.  Once again, the doctor couldn't explain the bruising.  I guess I'm going to try to get him into an orthopedist's office since the family practice people aren't doing anything.  Now he's all pissed at me saying "just get me to a real doctor so I can get this fixed!!!  you're wasting my time"... dude.  chill the fvck out.  I know you're hurting, but don't be pissed at me because the doctor didn't do sh!t for you.  I just hung up on him. 
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Adam Update Update

• I'm gonna end up stealing his own damn cane and beating him with it.
  • I'm sorry, i can see how it must be so frustrating for both of you. You both want him to get better; and I think no one giving him any answers is escalating the stress. Hopefully you guys can find a doctor who can help
  • image MrsGoontz:
    I'm sorry, i can see how it must be so frustrating for both of you. You both want him to get better; and I think no one giving him any answers is escalating the stress. Hopefully you guys can find a doctor who can help

I agree with mrsgoontz.

Two souls but a single thought; Two hearts that beat as one image
  • ugggggghhhhhh!!!  I know I'm being a b!tch about it, but it's stressing me the hell out.  He acts like I WANT him to be in pain.  I'm doing everything I can. 
  • This must be so stressful for the two of you. I understand why he is flipping out but its not your fault. Hopefully an Orthopedist will have some answers.
  • Sad I'm sure he'll appreciate everything you're doing after he calms down and isn't so intensely frustrated. That's really miserable for both of you! I hope you can find a doctor who can actually HELP soon.
  • What sucks is that his insurance only covers 80% of specialty doctor's visits after we pay the yearly deductible.  We just got him this insurance so there's no way we're even close to meeting the deductible for this year... then the year's over Jan 1st, so we're doubly screwed.  Even after we pay the bills for the orthopedist, it won't count towards next years deductible anyway.  Damn it. 
  • That's so lame!!! I hate dealing with insurance crap  :(
    Photobucket
  • I just called the quack that he saw yesterday and half screeched/half screamed at them.  I probably shouldn't have, but oh well.  I told them that he's getting worse and we need them to figure out what the hell is wrong with him, and soon.  I had called my mom before I called them and she had me all freaked out saying that bruising could be a sign of a blood disorder or cancer, or leukemia.... thanks for keeping me calm, Mom!!  So yeah, I told the receptionist that they need to call me ASAP with his test results and figure something out.  She said she the results should be back tomorrow (after they told Adam it would take a week).

I also have two uncles who are doctors and my dad is supposed to be calling them so I should be hearing from them tonight.

• I'm glad his results will be in sooner! I have an aunt who is a nurse (she was head er nurse for a long time) so if I get sick I always call her before going to the doc lol Hopefully your uncles will be able to give you a little insight on what could be going on.
    Two souls but a single thought; Two hearts that beat as one image
  • image stu31105:
    I'm gonna end up stealing his own damn cane and beating him with it.

You should totally take his cane and decorate it as like a 'pimp cane' or something fun like put streamers on it, haha

• I will continue to pray! Ugh how frustrating!!!
  • how awful! May i ask what triggered the hip pain to begin with? (i only ask bc DH fell off a ladder last month and it was a disaster trying to figure out what was wrong with his foot).  I will pray for a speedy recovery.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Kelly5110:
    Sad I'm sure he'll appreciate everything you're doing after he calms down and isn't so intensely frustrated. That's really miserable for both of you! I hope you can find a doctor who can actually HELP soon.

this! i'm so sorry stu!!

imageimage
  • I'm so sorry! It sounds like you're doing everything you possibly can, which I'm sure makes it even more frustrating. Definitely keep hounding the doctors for the blood results! I hope everything gets figured out soon-- when it does you should take a personal day and spend it in a hot bath. maybe together. Wink
  • How incredibly frustrating for both of you.  When all is said and done I'm sure Adam will appreciate all that you have done for him.  I really hope you get everything figured out soon.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • image LoveBug0516:
    how awful! May i ask what triggered the hip pain to begin with? (i only ask bc DH fell off a ladder last month and it was a disaster trying to figure out what was wrong with his foot).  I will pray for a speedy recovery.
    Pretty much that... He works construction and injured his hip about a year ago.  He pretty much pushed through the pain and it never really went away, just sorta got tolerable I guess.  Well, about 2 months ago or something, he kinda half fell, half jumped off a ladder (it was either jump or fall and break something) and reinjured himself.  His sciatic nerve is now inflamed and that's what's causing all the pain.