Entertainment
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Project Runway-Jessica Simpson and spoilers

Is it my imagination or has JS gained a lot of weight.  I have always know her to be a curvy woman but she looked huge tonight.  Maybe it was the 15lbs for tv or the dress but she looked like she was plus size.

I also thought Micheal Kors was very catty tonight and railroaded Heidi into changing her vote to Gretchen since JS was set on Mondo.  I agree that Mondo was robbed. 

Re: Project Runway-Jessica Simpson and spoilers

• She did look big..but she goes up and down so much...how long ago was this filmed? 

I don't think they cared one whit what she had to say in any event.  Mondo was robbed.  At least his show was interesting....her's was BLLLLAAAHHH!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I also thought she looked a little puffy (not that I am AT ALL one to talk).  I think that her dress wasn't very flattering, and she was sitting up there with two other women who are pretty small.  I think that all that added up to her looking plus sized when, in reality, she is probably just pretty normal.
    Otto
    My (New! Improved!) Blog

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• I thought the same thing about JS- but I really don't think the dress helped.

And I was really pulling for Mondo, I was not feeling Gretchen's at all but could see myself wearing pieces of Mondo's with solids to work. Sighs, we all knew it was going to be between them in the end anyway, didn't we?

• Yes--Jessica Simpson looked big to me too. I didn't want to say anything out loud because I've been struggling with my weight as well, but her face looked a whole lot rounder than I remember.

I almost didn't get to watch PR last night because DH wanted to watch the World Series. I was like "look, DH, we're not Giants or Rangers fans, and there are at least two games after this one. And I just know that someone is going to spoil the Project Runway result on Facebook!"

So he conceded, with a check of the baseball game during every single commercial. Haha. I wanted Mondo to win so badly, and it seemed like Heidi did as well. I wanted her to put her foot down and say "This is my show, Mondo is winning." Even Nina acknowledged at first that Mondo and Gretchen were equally deserving.

Maybe they should only have three judges for the finale if they are going to have so much trouble coming to a decision? Then I guess they could have each picked a different contestant. Haha.

• Jessica Simpson looked awful.  I also don't get why she has to reference/include her sister in everything, the comment to Gretchen about "my sister will rock that!" was strange.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012
  • *shrug* JS goes up and down in weight a lot. She obviously had some extra weight last night and the shirt did her no favors by showing off her un-toned arms.

I just think it's bizarre that she was the judge. Just because you're a consumer of fashion doesn't make you an expert, and she is not exactly the pinnacle of taste, unlike some of the other guest judges they've had.

• image vanillacourage:
    Jessica Simpson looked awful.  I also don't get why she has to reference/include her sister in everything, the comment to Gretchen about "my sister will rock that!" was strange.

I thought the comment was a semi-slap in the face.  She made it clear that she would never wear any of G's clothes...but her sister is a crunchy granola type-so she prob would be all over it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I didn't think she was the worst judge they've had. She does have a really successful line of shoes. And I thought she did have some fairly insightful comments to add.

I do wish they would have a real reputable designer as a judge at the finale though like they do at least a couple challenges every season. Not a Hollywood starlet who started a line of whatever to help bring in more money. I don't know if they think people are tuning in just to watch Jessica Simpson and JLo and whoever else they've had or what.

• I dont' care if she's gained weight or not, but that dress made her look heavier than I think she really is.  She looked like a big blob.

Is it at all possible she's PG?!?!  The way she was sitting, I really felt like she was trying to hide her stomach.

ETA: Of course, I'm an idiot.  This was filmed awhile ago. if she were PG, we would know by now.

Doh.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• jessica looked unfortunate.

i also agree with the PP who said jessica shouldn't have been a judge.  when i think of fashion, i don't think of jessica simpson.

• Jessica needs to find a stylist.  Or if she has one, fire them.  Like others have said, her weight fluctuates but even when she's bigger, she's got a good shape.  She has a naturally curvy, hourglass figure (like Christina Hendricks), but she never wears anything that really flatters her figure.  I really like her shoe and handbag line, but she always looks tacky.  As Tom and Lorenzo would say, she needs some gays.  Ken Paves needs to help a sister out.

• Her face look SO puffy...I kept thinking she had had dental work done.  She was speaking very strangely and didn't smile much - not at all what you would expect from her.  

Her dress was from Michael Kors. 

And I thought she made a very relevant point.  Mondo's would catch your eye on the rack in a store.  Gretchen's would not. 

• image DaringMiss:

Her face look SO puffy...I kept thinking she had had dental work done.  She was speaking very strangely and didn't smile much - not at all what you would expect from her.  

And I thought she made a very relevant point.  Mondo's would catch your eye on the rack in a store.  Gretchen's would not. 

It really was like she had dental work done or something. And she wasn't very chipper. She seemed depressed or something to me. I think I saw her smile one time. 

• image aeroluv327:

Jessica needs to find a stylist.  Or if she has one, fire them.  Like others have said, her weight fluctuates but even when she's bigger, she's got a good shape.  She has a naturally curvy, hourglass figure (like Christina Hendricks), but she never wears anything that really flatters her figure.  I really like her shoe and handbag line, but she always looks tacky.  As Tom and Lorenzo would say, she needs some gays.  Ken Paves needs to help a sister out.

Yes to all of this. Maybe I need some gays too. LOL

• image DaringMiss:

Her face look SO puffy...I kept thinking she had had dental work done.  She was speaking very strangely and didn't smile much - not at all what you would expect from her.  

I said the same exact thing to DH.  Everything she said sounded weird.  DH thought she was trying to work on reducing her southern accent.     

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Fenderbot:
    image DaringMiss:

It really was like she had dental work done or something. And she wasn't very chipper. She seemed depressed or something to me. I think I saw her smile one time. 

This.  I don't care if she has gained weight.  I have always been a fan of Jessica Simpson but there was something very strange on the PR finale.  Her face looked really different and she wasn't opening her mouth.  Also, as others have said, she never smiled which was strange for her because she usually smiles and laughs and is a big goof.

• Holy crap she looked awful. MH asked who her stylist was because he thought she looked like a football player. Awful dress!

I'm so pissed about the winner of this season. I thought Gretchen's collection was god-awful. I couldn't imagine wearing any of those pieces other than maybe that underwear she designed. I mean WTF? It looked like the 70's threw up all over her collection-drab. Mondo has a super funky asthetic, and I probably wouldn't wear any of his clothes either, but I could see more people wearing his than Gretchens. I really how they dismissed Andy's line immediately, I loved his clothes throught the season (well most of them).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image rottimom:

image vanillacourage:
    Jessica Simpson looked awful.  I also don't get why she has to reference/include her sister in everything, the comment to Gretchen about "my sister will rock that!" was strange.

I thought the comment was a semi-slap in the face.  She made it clear that she would never wear any of G's clothes...but her sister is a crunchy granola type-so she prob would be all over it.

Yep...Exactly.  It was sooo sad to see Mondo lose.  Gretchen's collection was absolutely hideous. I have NO idea what Michael or the other chick saw in her clothes.  Those pants they loved? UGLZY!!